1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tunguskan list for The Armory, triple haris

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Robock, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

I played my triple haris list in The Armory. It went really well.

triple haris
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    KRIZA BORAC Lieutenant HMG / Heavy Pistol, CC Weapon. (2 | 54)
    GRENZER MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    GRENZER (Forward Observer, Sensor) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    INTERVENTOR Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
    PERSEUS FTO (Fireteam: Haris) Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / 2 Pistols, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 33)
    SPECTOR FTO (Regular) MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser, Drop Bears / Pistol, E/M2 CC Weapon. (0 | 36)
    STEMPLER ZOND FTO (Super-Jump) Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 18)
    DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    PUPPET MASTERS (Minelayer) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines / PistolKnife. (0.5 | 14)
    PUPPETBOT Red Fury / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 16)
    PUPPETBOT (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 11)
    PUPPETBOT (Forward Observer) Boarding Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 11)
    6 SWC | 299 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

The actual list, as we are playing a campaign, had an extra daktari rather than the warcor (+1AVA and +10Pts) but I think this list might have done similar ? Anyway, not that important.

What I wanted to say was that Armory gives 5OP for whoever control (with more Pts) the objective room last turn. I wanted to go second but lost imitative roll, and Invincible Army decided to go second so I made him deploy first on the side with less building interiors. My side with more building interior was good to hide the puppetmaster and a mine outside the door and a doctor in the room.

He deployed his full core fireteam on a flank, i counter deployed the puppetbot troupe. They did a fantastic job moving in with Red Fury B5. Until I finally got close and used Boarding Shotgun, critting on a 18 :)

On the other flank I had deployed my reduced grenzer core of grenzer sniper+breaker pistol, grenzer FO, interventor combi+panda. The grenzer Combo FO fought the Mowang through Low Vis ad display, but took half my order pool to get through 2W+NWI. Then a Rui Shi was behind him, but I left him to ARO. I got lucky to resist the fight several orders on his turn.

Central was the special haris and Kriza. Which were active in my turn 2. Opening the door with the Stempler FTO, and having my two CC guys go in. Manage to deploy some drop bear as I was moving in. And the Kriza moving to the side killed or wounded a HI at long range. And on his turn, Perseus reacted by throwing smoke, preventing him to remove Raoul, even though he eventually killed Perseus. And we called the game. (I had a lot of crits throughout my first turn, and some in my second turn. And when his Rui Shi moved up to shoot Raoul it accidentally, by a quarter inch, triggered the mine I had placed, which killed it (as he was shooting Raoul who canceled some shots and pass the ARM) and also revealed the camo LT2 he had next to the door (he passed his ARM).

TLDR : I really like the puppet troupe, and having that many links :D
    My other game with Puppet Troupe was Supplies and the last one I had alive turn 3 manage to run from one flank to the other to kill the box carrier.

LaughinGod likes this.
  2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Why open the door with the Stempler rather than blow it open with Percy's CCW?

Assuming that you add Burst and PH for being in B2B it's on solid odds and doesn't open the doors on your opponent's side.

B2 DAM14* DA vs WIP 13 is 69% vs 65% odds of opening the door.

* Accounting for MA2, +1 PH and -3 ARM.

(Tsyklon is representative of the Door. In both cases they're ARM3 and you need to do 3 STR to remove them).
    [​IMG]

Robock likes this.
  3. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

oh! didn't think of it. for me I always associated blowing up doors as using MULTI and while I could do so with Raoul the odds are low.

It didn't occur to me to break it in CC. Thanks for the tip :)

Stempler did reach the door 1 order faster because of initial placement and MOV, but using Perseus would have been more safe for my reactive turn.

4. inane.imp

Yeah. I pretty much only get into the Armoury with Morlocks, Uberfalls, TMs or D-Charges. So I look for it.

Percy is a decent option for it even in Vanilla. Decent points, good close range fighter, Eclipse Smoke for 'nah ah, you can't see me'. Use an irregular order to get a DA CCW Morlock into B2B with the door (and maybe damage it) and then have Percy follow up.

Definitely a T2 or 3 play though. He won't survive a concerted T1 attack.

Solar likes this.
  5. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Perseus is really strong, IMO. He's a great fighter, good utility, really strong datatracker... Mobile Agile Hostile baby!

Robock and inane.imp like this.
  6. inane.imp

Yes. But...

Getting him into lists is hard unless you have a clear goal for him. Armoury (maybe Eng Deck), L&S and Decap all seem to be good homes for him.

7. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Where are the Eclipse Grenades coming from? Percy only rocks normal Smoke!

8. inane.imp

Ooops. Lucky I hadn't taken him yet then. Points still valid but yes, not quite as good.

9. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Yeah it's strange, the other character Myrmidons all have Eclipse, seem like he lost them on the way to the Nomad ships. Also since there isn't MSV2 in Tunguska it would be super useful too. :/

10. inane.imp

Very few Sectorials get both Eclipse and White Noise (I think just StarCo and Bakunin), so it doesn't actually surprise me.

And Myrmidon officers seem about a 50/50 split.
    Smoke: Myrm Officer Combi, Phoenix
    Eclipse: Myrm Officer BSG, Eudoros
    None: Ajax

11. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

If you make your list with the scenario in mind he thrives a lot more than "generic" list building, definitely. Some scenarios he's way stronger than others.

Robock, E-Warden and inane.imp like this.
  12. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

You forgot Machaon gets Eclipse too

13. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Two S2 side by side might both have base contact with the door. So you can even use link-bonus for CC, or not?

14. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

I think so, and Stempler has climbing plus... so 3 model in base contact ? lol
    but joking aside, i think you can have 2 normal guy and get the link bonus.

#14 Robock, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  15. inane.imp

He's not a Myrmidon. [emoji14]

Edit: or rather he just doesn't have a 'Myrmidon Officer' in his title.

DukeofEarl likes this.
  16. inane.imp

It gets weird. Basically, RAW CC'ing structures doesn't really work (the requirement of CC Attack is "The user must be in base to base contact with an enemy." but structures are not enemies). Everything after that therefore becomes a massive kludge (and basically devolves into 'just making shit up').

I come down on the side of:
    1. You can make CC Attacks vs structures if the Trooper is in B2B* with it
    2. You can apply CC Special Skills to CC Attacks made vs structures if the Trooper is in B2B* with it
    3. You can apply the Burst bonus from inactive Troopers in B2B* with structures
    4. You can apply the Burst and PH bonus from active Troopers on B2B* with structures (from Fireteams, Gsync and Co-ord Orders)
    5. You don't actually ever count as being in the Engaged state with structures

*The outcome of 5 in combination with the 'all at one time' rule is that you can do 'drive by' CC attacks vs structures (and also apply 'drive by' bonuses). Because your movement doesn't end on reaching B2B as it would with an enemy.

There's been a couple of threads on it, the conclusion of them was 'well damn, that's a mess'. Playing Armoury, Engineering Deck, L&S and the Grid it's absolutely something you should clarify before you start.

https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threa...ing-cc-multiple-model-bonus-on-the-ac2.23977/
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/close-combat-skills-and-scenery-items.1859/
    https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/fireteam-close-combat-on-scenery-and-structures.23875/

DukeofEarl and Robock like this.
  17. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Neither does Perseus though. So he wouldn't have had access even in ALEPH.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation