1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tunguska rework proposal

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Ieldin Soecr, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Ieldin Soecr

Ieldin Soecr Well-Known Member

Hey everybody,

with ITS12 now running for a while and providing a nice data set of lists used I though I could use the current data collected to put together a small rework of Tunguska.
    I wanted to do this since the release of N4 as Tunguska has not recieved the attention and quality of changes as Corregidor or even Bakunin.
    Tunguska has currently a sub par performance record (Place 32 out of 42 faction by average tournament placement) and I used the pick rates of the different units to increase overall power level and maybe list diversity (HERE). I tried to let already well performing profiles as is.

The general ideas of this rework are as followed:
    1. Reduce cost/Change equipment on unused profiles to make them more attractive
    2. Add more Tunguska exclusive profiles to give a better incentive to play the sectorial over vanilla (Similar to the new Military Order)
    3. Make the Fireteam options with Super Jump in the sectorial better combineable
    4. Make support trooper (Daktari/Clockmaker) linkable, to be easier includeable in lists
    5. Increase order efficiency by adding LT with additional Order / Tac Awareness / NCO to offset high model cost
    6. Existing miniatures are not replaced or invalidated

All these changes should lead to a higher variety of profiles taken during list construction, allowing to customize lists better for different missions, enemy factions and tables. This indirectly should improve the win rate of Tunguska in tournaments.

Changes:

LI:
    • Hecklers:
      • Overall OK
      • Red Fury profile add Jammer
        • Considerations: Red Fury profile keeps the role of area denial unit but costs SWC compared to Combi profile so meaningful distinction is still there.
    • Puppetactica:
      • Overall OK
      • Bot Red Fury profile 1 SWC
        • Considerations: Lower SWC investment for Red Fury to make it more attractive compared to MMR profile in an attack piece role.
      • Master Hacker change to RemDriver[Neurocinetics, +1BS] (0 SWC, 14 P)
      • Master RemDriver and Minelayer (Tunguska Exclusive)
        • Considerations: Hacker currently not taken because of strong competition with Securitate and Interventor, so make it a more interesting/unique choice within the sectorial
    • Mary Problems:
      • Overall OK
    • Daktaris:
      • Can be part of Securitate Fireteams
    • Clockmakers:
      • FTO profile with Super Jump (+1 P) and "Clockmaker FTO can be part of Cheerkiller and Hollow Men Fireteams"
    • Raoul:
      • Drop profile OK
      • FTO profile change Multi Rifle to Multi Marksman Rifle (+2 P)
        • Considerations: Better weapon option to increase gunfighting capabilities
    • Interventors:
      • Overall OK
      • Add LT (+1 LT Order) EVO Hacker [Upgrade Zero Pain] profile (0.5 SWC, 22 P) (Tunguska Exclusive)
      • Add EVO Hacker [Upgrade Zero Pain] profile (0.5 SWC, 20 P) (Tunguska Exclusive)
        • Considerations: Additional profile allows easier inclusion of EVO into a list by providing a Securitate linkable user. Zero Pain for hacking defence.
    • Securitate:
      • Overall OK
      • Feuerbach -4 P
      • MSR -0.5 SWC, -4 P
        • Considerations: The normal problem that defensive SWC weapons in Line trooper links are overpriced, especially compared to Special Fireteam options. Points reduction needed to make them more viable.
    • Cheerkiller:
      • Overall OK
      • Add Tactical Awareness to AP Rifle profile
      • Add Special Fireteam: Perseus / Stempler FTO / Clockmaker FTO can be part of Cheerkiller Fireteams
        • Considerations: Tac Awareness for better order efficiency on the underused profile. More linkable Super Jump options for Fireteam flexibility.
    • Jelena:
      • Add Repeater
        • Considerations: Adding the signiature equipment of Securitate

MI:
    • Zondnautica:
      • Spitfire and Boarding Shotgun profile -4 P
        • Considerations: Pricing currently off compared to Hacker Profile, brought in line.
    • Grenzer:
      • Make unit Tunguska exclusive
      • All profiles remove Pistol
      • Remove MSR profile without MMS
      • Missle Launcher profile add Sapper (+3 P)
      • Red Fury profile change Red Fury to AP Spitfire (+0.5 SWC)
      • FO profile remove Sensor (-3 P)
      • BMV profile add Sensor and FD +8"
      • LT profile on AP Spitfire for 0.5 SWC
        • Considerations: Give every profile a distinct role to be more interesting.

HI:
    • Hollow Men:
      • Overall OK
      • Change Special Fireteam: Perseus / Stempler FTO / Clockmaker FTO / Kriza FTO can be part of Hollow Men Fireteams
    • Kriza:
      • Change Kriza Special Fireteam to "Kriza FTO can be part of Hollow Men Fireteams"
      • MK12 Profile add FTO (-5 P)
        • Considerations: Remove B6 HMG option. Make MK12 profile more attractive to be included in Fireteams while HMG option more of a solo/duo piece.

TAG:
    • Szalamandra:
      • Add Fireteam: Duo
      • Add NCO profile (+2 P) (Tunguska Exclusive)
        • Considerations: Provide a more order efficient profile usable with the additional LT Order Interventor.

SK:
    • Spectr:
      • Add Shock Mines to Hacker profiles
      • Killer Hacker Profile (-2 P)
      • Add Minelayer to E/M Mines | Dep. Repeater profile (0.5 SWC, 32 P) (Tunguska Exclusive)
        • Considerations: Flexible midfield option for area denial and repeater coverage

WB:
    • Perseus:
      • Remove FTO profile
      • Remove Special Fireteam with Stempler and Raoul
      • Add Super Jump to base profile
      • Change Special Fireteam to: Perseus can be part of Cheerkiller and Hollow Men Fireteams

REM:
    • Stempler:
      • Change Special Fireteam to: Stempler FTO can be part of Cheerkiller and Hollow Men Fireteams
    • Meteor:
      • Change PH to 10
      • Combat Jump (PH=12)
      • Remove SWC cost
        • Considerations: Bring unit in line with N4 rules
    • Zondbot:
      • Add Super Jump profile (+1 P) (Tunguska Exclusive)
    • Tsyklon:
      • All profiles (-5 P)
        • Considerations: ARM and 360 Visor overpriced on this Unit
    • Vostok:
      • Remove Mimitism (-6) profile
      • MK12 and Missile Launcher profile add FTO
      • All profiles (-3 P)
        • Considerations: Mimetism(-6) profile always felt tacked on and outperformed the rest, focus on the Albedo profiles
    • Lunokhod:
      • Complete rework
    MOV CC BS PH WIP ARM BTS STR S
    6-4 14 12 10 13 3 6 1 4
    Equipment: Deactivator
    Skills: Remote Presence, Courage, Immunity (Shock), Climbing Plus, Impersonation (IMP-2), Suprise Attack (-3)
    • Profiles:
    Heavy Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, Crazykoala, Deployable Repeater PARA CCW (-3) 0.5 SWC | 30 P
    (Minelayer) Heavy Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, Crazykoala, Deployable Repeater PARA CCW (-3) 1.5 SWC | 30 P
    • Considerations: Unit has currently problems in its role (Area denial, DZ guard, CQC) as other options are better/cheaper/more efficient (Moran/Puppetmaster Minelayer/etc.). Give it new role as impersonator to start better in range for its use case. Lore: Based on the Zondnautica bikes, Lunokhod models where refited to be able to disguise themself as cars or harmless cleaner remotes.

Ugin likes this.
  2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

I get the feeling that you don't agree with some of the faction restrictions that are part of the character of Nomads (specifically referring to the Salzy NCO, CK TAand Interventor (Lt+1) suggestions).

Otherwise there's a lot there that's cool, and a lot there that's very wish-listy.

I'll go through line by line later.

#2 inane.imp, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    Silas7 likes this.
  3. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

What exactly are you paying 1.5 swc for?

4. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Impersonation, Minelayer with CrazyKoalas and Deployable Repeaters.

5. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

But they both have IMP, the second one just gets Minelayer

6. MattB89

MattB89 Well-Known Member

Ahh missed that. Probably a typo then.

7. Ugin

Ugin Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Gotta agree with inane.imp, Nomads could stay strong without those Lt. +1, NCOs or etc. I think it would be better if we could focus more on Hacker, Infiltrators, board controlling.

8. Ieldin Soecr

That is in line with the Speculo Minelayer, who also costs 1.5 SWC.

Thats the reason I restricted it to very few profiles, all only available in tunguska to represent their stronger communication network. The Tac Awareness on CK I can see dropped, but the profile currently needs something to make it more appealing. Same for Szally in Tunguska as it was only taken in 5% of lists compared to 25% in Vanilla Nomads, which indicades that the high model costs in this sectorial stop him from being included in lists.

Looking forward to it;)

9. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Oh. I did not realise that IMP (mistook it for Holo2) lets you deploy in enemy DZ at first. Please, no. YJ plebs will whine about enemy 360-visor(marker)+large template+repeater+koala+2 discovers so much that forums would go down.
    Besides I don't see Nomads as impersonators so much from fluff pov.

10. inane.imp

Honestly, for Lunks I'd just make the same as other Nomad combat REMs: Wildcard. That and pricing their ARM/BTS reasonably would be enough (ie ~ 4-5pts cheaper).

At 20pts and able to be added to a Duo/Haris I'd certainly start using them.

RF Heckler I like the concept of keeping the area control, but I'd honestly add Cybermines and Minelayer. This adds the illusion of depth to the TJC midfield and makes low SWC options elsewhere in the list attractive, potentially as a TJC exclusive.

RF Puppet. SWC isn't really the problem it's that B4 AP+Shock is a lot better than B5 Shock in N4. That being said dropping to 1SWC probably works for this.

Master Hacker. Its actually an interesting piece. Honestly my solution here is to make the Puppetmasters AVA2. Neuro, +1BS is absurdly good: just Neuro would be really good.

Daktaris / Clockmakers. The fact they can't join LI Fireteams is a point of difference for TJC. No change.

Raoul. MMR FTO profile is cool. One of TJC's issues is a lack of good 24" range pointmen.

Interventors. LT EVO profile is very interesting. EVO already has Zero Pain, so you don't need to add it as an upgrade. TJC exclusive is cool.

Securitate. Either you need to make blanket chance here or just accept that Grenzer MSR invalidates most other AROs. Blanket change to 1SWC for most MSRs without MM or MSV wouldn't be to amiss though.

Cheerkiller. Adding Percy to CK link alone is a good buff. I'd swap the So for a Paramedic. It'd fill the hole you wanted to fill with Daks, but less effectively.

Jelena getting a Repeater is cool. But honestly that probably won't change things. ]

Grenzers. They're modelled with 2 Pistols. Give them a Stun Pistol. Stun is an interesting effect, this would be very characterful, and is close to free. Agree with remove the non-MM MSR. Agree with adding AP to the Red Fury: but if do that as an AP RF, because that would be cool (still at +0.5SWC). The FO NCO needs to be an Lt option. ML is fine, it's just overshadowed by the MM MSR.

I think the more interesting change is to remove MM from the MSR and instead give it BS Attack (Stun). This will leave it less likely to win FTFs but will make it disrupt attacks well. It'll make the ML and MSR more comparable. The other option is the Bolt solution and give them both MM. That or just accept the ML jusf isn't great, and that's OK.

HM. SJ Percy able to join, no other changes.

Kriza. Completely onboard with these changes.

Salzy. No changes. It's fine. 5% of lists is about right for a TAG in Nomads, 25% is over represented. If anything that suggests a nerf in Vanilla is in order: perhaps make the KHD Pilot a TJC exclusive and only a spec ops Pilot in vanilla?

Spektr. Minelayer Dep Rep is YJ's space. I'd give a TJC exclusive Minelayer Cybermines. Mostly because it's hilarious. Do this on the BSG profile. The rest of the changes are noise.

Percy. Remove the FTO, make Wildcard. Done.

Stempler. Remove the FTO, make both profiles Wildcards. Done.

Meteor. Honestly it's basically OK, it's just a sometimes food. But that's a good change. I'd keep the SWC though and make it PH=10, Combat Jump (+3). Makes it that much more reliable to jump than walk on.

Vostoks. The actual issue is that Albedo doesn't make sense, not that the Mimmetism one is the odd one out. Make them all Mimmetism (-6), delete the Albedo profiles - do this across Nomads. That's what White Noise is for.

Tsyklon and Lunokhod. Drop price by 5 pts make them both Wildcards for all Nomada. The other thing I'd do for Lunks is make Deactivators work like Jammers (range ZOC, no LOF). Their main issue is their absurd cost. With the ability to infill a link they'll be taken: they're too expensive as a standalone corner guard even at 20pts, but as a link filler they're extremely sexy.

#10 inane.imp, Apr 19, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    borisgreymenace likes this.
  11. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Yeah that would be more or less toxic unit for people to play against. Go first win first.

Start the game with a Dep Rep covering an opponent's important units/link. Spend 1 order and toss a Koala down next to the Dep Rep from prone on a roof somewhere without even needing to move closer. Next hack your opponent with spotlight and watch them try and figure out whether they dodge the koala or get hit by spotlight for free and then a missile.

You wouldn't ever even need to try and roll to get in the enemy DZ for that unit to facilitate the complete dismantling of anything that isn't under a camo marker.

12. inane.imp

Yup. It also adds capabilities to Nomads that don't exist.

Thoroughly dislike it.

13. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

ahahaha no

But in serious, FD+4 or +8 might make Lunokhod playable now

lmao at seeing a proper shotgun impersonator and going for uhhhhh repeater into smart missile instead just lol

CB should give out deployable repeaters to kiutans so more people would kill themselves with big brain solutions

loricus, danilapal and inane.imp like this.
  14. inane.imp

Yup HSG/HFT Impersonation with a Koala down is just pants for how good it is for killing things.

15. Ieldin Soecr

Yeah the Lunokhod conzept is not fully fleshed out but more a general idea, because I like the though of a remote that can diguise itself as something harmless. Maybe remove the Koala and the Repeater or something else. Could also be used in another faction that it fits more like CA/O12.

16. inane.imp

O-12 would be cool.

The thing with Nomad REMs is that they're combat REMs. They should be our main utility guns, with MI as the glass cannons.

It's why Wildcard REMs work well in Nomads, thematically.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  17. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

I apologize for being slightly off-topic, but can someone direct me to where the ITS 12 tournament results might be found? My Google-Fu is too weak, apparently.

Also, there is a reason Impersonation is a rule restricted to very, VERY few factions. It is an extremely powerful tool, even on a relatively weak profile (Greif Operator), and any ideas about adding it to additional factions should come only after a lot of thought. 30 points for a Heavy Flamethrower that can start in your deployment zone with MINELAYER is already strong; giving it the option to use minelayer with a deployable repeater is absurd; Impersonation allows its user to deploy in the opponent's half of the table, but outside of their Deployment Zone, without requiring a roll. This means a Nomad player could start Turn 1 with a repeater reaching 8" into the opponent's DZ.

Impersonation is the act of disguising your trooper as an enemy trooper/civilian; this is why you cannot declare Speculative or Intuitive attacks against such markers. If you want to simulate the REM disguising itself as a Car or piece of Scenery, that is exactly what Camouflage is for.

wes-o-matic and Dragonstriker like this.
  18. Ieldin Soecr

19. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I don't have a bone in this, but decoupling the HMG Kriza from Fireteams should probably also come with a cost decrease. Even with a disincentive penalty it ought to be closer to Mowang than Gamma in price.

20. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Personally I wish they would take the Kriza out of fireteams, but switch it's Mimetism (-3) for BS Attack (-3).

Fits the old N3 Kriza better and gets rid of the crazy B6 stuff.

loricus, inane.imp and Tourniquet like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation