1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TTS] 1. Narrative European Team-TTS-Event

Discussion in 'Events & Tournaments' started by Capo.Paint, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Capo.Paint

Capo.Paint Well-Known Member

20200606_TeamTTS80.png

Hello everyone,

since many tournaments all over Europe with a lot of space to meet new and old friends are cancelled this year, I want to provide an opportunity for everyone based in Europe to get into contact and have some games of Infinity:
    The 1. Narrative European Team-TTS-Event!

Here is the important information:
    Start: 13.07.2020
    End: 11.10.2020
    Rounds: Four rounds (Decapitation, Hunting Party, Transmission Matrix, Looting & Sabotaging) with ITS 11 and N3 rules. Three weeks per round.
    Teams & Pairings: To participate, you will have to group up in teams of three. Pairings will be done before each round by the total Team-score (TP, OP, VP).
    Lists & Add-ons: Two lists per participant of the same sectorial, entered before round 1 starts. We will play with the "Tactical Window"-Add on.
    Prizes & Entry fee: Nothing and nothing, except for new contacts and a late summer full of interesting games.
    Communication: There will be a Discord-server for all internal communication, pairings, maps and everything else. You recieve the invitation after your registration.
    Registration: In the best case, you first gather your team, then send an e-mail to capo.paint@gmail.com, including your team-name, the team-captain, the members with the next bigger town nearby and the nation, and the played factions. If you can't gather two other guys, you can still register and we will see, if there are other participants without a team.
    Requirements: Being located somewhere over Europe (maximum of +/-2h to CEST), time to get at least one game in during three weeks, a Discord-account, the TTS with the current Infinity-mod.

Why only Europe: To keep things simpler and to create connections easier to maintain in the future on real tournaments. Mainly this shall be a measure to strengthen the European community a bit more. If there is interest in other regions of the world, feel free to copy things and contact me for other ressources!
    Why three weeks per round: There will be holidays all over Europe in this period and everyone may have some days off with their families and so on. So three weeks should guarantee that everybody will be able to get his game done in time. If everyone finishs earlier, we will continue earlier. At least there will be enough time to practice and make your team as good as possible!
    How to deal with the N4-change: N4 and the new ITS-season will be released somewhere during the event. To keep things streamlined, N3-rules will be endured for the whole event. To make sure that a new infinity-army won't cut the needed ressources, the lists need to be created in advance and should be saved as PDF for each player.

Team system: Only teams will be paired officially, based on their total scoring in tournament points, objective points and victory points. After the pairing is announced, the captains of each team coordinate the individual pairings following this protocol: Captains make a WIP13 FtF with D20. Winner Chooses if he is team A or team B.
    Captain A chooses player 1A to the game
    Captain B chooses player 1B to play against 1A
    Captain A chooses table S1 for match 1A-1B
    Captain B chooses player 2B to the game
    Captain A chooses player 2A to play against 2B
    Captain B chooses table S2 for match 2A-2B
    Players 3A i 3B play on table S3.
    (credits to @konuhageruke )

Narrative:
    There will be a narrative behind the event, which is actually in progress, done by @AssaultUnicorn . The story per round will be released with the beginning of each round.

I am hoping for a funny event with a lot of nice games and new contacts for everyone. If things are unclear or questions left open, feel free to contact me!

Best regards
    Capo

2. konuhageruke

konuhageruke Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I'll take all the glory if system works, and none of the responsibility if it doesn't as it was not tested ;)
    Good luck.

Lesh', Capo.Paint and Koni like this.
  3. Capo.Paint

To make communication more fluent and to give the possibility of finding other members for your team, here is the link for discord: https://discord.gg/CHXKqJu

4. Commoner1

Commoner1 Well-Known Member

I'm in! :-)

Capo.Paint likes this.
  5. Capo.Paint

Time goes by and the first teams have subscribed successfully, so take your chance to join!
    20200620_Teaser Roundextended 1.jpg

Commoner1 likes this.
  6. Cabaray

Cabaray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

trying to get a dutch team together. keep you posted

Capo.Paint likes this.
  7. Capo.Paint

Until now, 27 players have already signed in, the first stories are prepared and the first tables are set up. Since there is still some time before the action starts, you can still sign in your team or visit the discord-channel to connect with other players currently without a team.

8. Capo.Paint

Here comes the last update before the action starts. 12 teams already signed in, but there is still time and space left until Sunday to join or at least look for other single players in the discord-channel to form your own team!

9. Capo.Paint

Long time no see, but things are going on nice! The first round was finished yesterday with 14 teams fighting all over the sphere. Mysterious riots broke out everywhere and let several odd constellations start their journey to find out what is the cause and how you can gain profit from this. Two teams left the first round undefeated, while the midfield is intensively fought.
    For everyone interested, the narrative can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1p0k_2H7u-YGPY0oKcWDZMbsteQmSQdnLL-S-Jmhw8HQ/edit?usp=sharing

20200730_TeaserTTS.jpg

10. Capo.Paint

Two days ago, the second round of the Team-Event was finished. After intense fights in mysterious riots, forces started to hunt each other to gather new information about what was going on in the Sphere. Meanwhile the Qapu Khalqi detachment Ulusun Dislileri was targeted by a remote-sepsitor attack during their interogations with the caught civilian. 20200823_Teaser R3.jpg

11. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

For those who don't participate to this event, even by proxy, I would like to tell you that this event has been a blast so far for me and my team. There is a lot more depth in how to approach the match-up between two teams and with different tables each round, it creates a very interesting dynamic.
    And facing teams from all over Europe, with their own approach of the competitive game... it's a really refreshing experience.

Capo.Paint likes this.
  12. Capo.Paint

Meanwhile the final round has started. While detachment Ulusun Dislileri is fighting against their own soldiers and try to locate the source of the sepsitor-attack, the teams have managed to enter a tunnel-system somewhere in the jungles of Paradiso and try to pull the plug or just redirect the found technology. 20200913_Teaser4.jpg

13. Capo.Paint

Finally, after three months and with one week of N4 in our hands, the 1. European Narrative Team-TTS-Event (ENTE) is done. I really have to thank everyone participating in this to make this happen and turn out as such a pleasant experience! Special thanks go out to @AssaultUnicorn who volunteered to write the narrative for this event and delivered a great story, to Whyrocknodie who not only supported the great Gokudo Intervention Group, but also helped me a lot with TTS-issues and made some maps for the event and to @Badlazzor , @Cabaray and @Ayadan , designing great maps for the event! But besides these great guys, I have to thank all participants for all the patience, for all the discussions and for all the willingness to do some extra games and fill in gaps where they appeared. It was a real pleasure to organize this event and also play in it. The idea to get together players from all over Europe, let the metas clash and find out, whose playstile may be the best and have that fit into an interesting lore, seemed difficult first, but turned out great. From Denmark to Spain and from Spain to Russia, 42 players came together.

With a great run in the first three rounds, Bisounours scored enough points to start the last round without any danger in their lead. The New Slav Meta could secure their second place well and finally show that Bisounours was not invulnerable. Close to that, the spanish team “Ens la pela!”, the german team "Half Human, Half Cookie" and the lithuanian guys from LDK fought intense for the first three ranks.

20201005_Teamresults.jpg

In the end, some teams secured their results with a broad range of good players, as Bisounours with two players in the top 6 in the individual ranking, while @karolis (1), Minass (2) and Perzan (3) managed to peak out in their overall well running teams. Only Karolis managed to score all possible 12TPs! A closer look on the played factions and their relative success, shows a dominance of TAK, followed by Varuna with only one player in front of Tohaa. It needs to be noted that some Byes due to not scheduled games bias some results here, but not in a bigger manner.

20201005_Individual results.jpg

Besides the fight for the first place, a great dynamic evolved around the midfield with clear victories in one round and bitter losses in the other round, but also with tight games around similar skilled opponents.

20201005_Faction results.jpg 20201005_Factions played.jpg
    From my point of view (the survey is still ongoing and I have not checked the feedback there), the event was quite fun and a nice success. Nevertheless, some adjustments would be done for further incarnations. While maps need to be designed more carefully and more diverse, some terrain-rulings may need to be handled differently in the future. One big issue besides this always was the long timeframe per round and maybe for the whole event. Hopefully we will never again have to run this in a lock-down/Covid-19 context where some people are under lockdown, some have to work even harder then and others are still able to play real games and go on holiday. So in the future, two weeks per round may be better to avoid loosing focus. An other option could be to shorten things to three rounds, but with the high variety of possible outcomes in the team-scores, a fourth round was the better way to secure a clear victory. Personally, having one game every three weeks left enough time to do all the other things needed to be done in life and in the hobby, so the pace turned out quite good.The process to schedule the games between the teams may be the bottleneck here, since it takes some time if you want to squeeze out the full tactical potential here. I am not sure if this was used everywhere in that way, but the potential here felt quite good and made some decisions during the event and during list-building more interesting. So I would use it again in the future, even if I would limit it to TTS-events where map-conditions are the same for each team and a bit more time is available to do the teaming process.

The best thing about this event was the contact to new and interesting people, new views and a lot of new experiences. Not only I was given the opportunity to play against a lot of skilled players (Minass, SOK, Ayadan,...), every contact was really nice and makes new games and future events necessary to keep that active. But all the other players I had no chance to face are still on my list. This really encouraged me to do some travel, once Covid-19 is better controlled and meet all of them for real!

So thank everyone very much for this experience and hit me up with some deeper insights, thoughts and ideas for the future! Stay tuned for further events and stay safe!

14. AssaultUnicorn

AssaultUnicorn KTS is the best unit

Been a pleasure!

15. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

It has been a pleasure to participate.
    In the end, it seems the old alliance of PanO (Varuna + MO) and Aleph was a great idea to manage the differences between tables and opponents until the last round where Varuna would have had a hard day whatever the table. The first three scenarios and sets of tables seemed to have been in our favor compared to The New Slav Meta so we could grab a huge lead while they struggled on some of their games. But their roster, considering the tables of the last round and the mission, was on point to crush us where we were the weakest.
    Something I will keep in my head in case you organize an other team event I could participate to.

The pairing thing was really important and to be honest, I think three weeks was a good delay because we have also to manage pairings, real life and organizing our games. It may seem hard to be kept hiped all along the event but if it had been shorter, you would have ended in more byes and organizing everything would have been a lot more work.
    About the tables, yes, definitely. It's not an easy work, but providing clear, neat and balanced tables with gameplay differences between them is what will make your next event better. To be honest, I'm not sure the table I designed for you is one with such qualities.

Thanks again to Iceman, Abidog, @AssaultUnicorn and Davey Crockett for the thrilling games we played together and I hope we'll have the chance in the future for a rematch.

And thank you, @Capo.Paint, for this event.

AssaultUnicorn, Capo.Paint and Iver like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation