1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trigger area and camouflage

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Mahtamori, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

A thought occurred to me; I don't know if the trigger area when declaring AP Mine or Drop Bear is considered to be pre-measuring or not.

If an opponent tries to throw a Drop Bear at a certain point on the table to stop my Zhencha's advance, can they choose the spot by using the trigger area's template to measure and avoid making an illegal declaration?

2. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

They probably can't. same as accidental illegal declaration from ZoC ARO.

and i'm not even sure the opponent can have you measure it on the order you placed it in an attempt to know exactly where the template stops.

3. Alphz

Alphz Kuang Shi Vet. Retired.

I don't think so, but I don't think it's explicit on when you do measure to check if it's illegal?

During the resolution maybe, and then the bear is deleted.

Sedral likes this.
  4. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

That's how I'd do it.

Alphz likes this.
  5. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

You need to place the template immediately upon triggering so that both players know what areas are affected for subsequent skill declarations.

6. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

we are not talking about triggering, we are talking about when you place it.

can you chose a point one template+1mm away from the enemy camo to place your drop bear ? using the template to measure before picking the spot ?

If you pick the spot first, can you then measure at the end of order where the template would land so that both players can simultaneously know 1) if the placement is valid and 2) where exactly the trigger area stops (when using printed mats for example).

7. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

There's no "trigger area template" to put down to use to measure, anyway.

In the resolution phase, just before the deployed item becomes real, that's when you'd verify using templates as necessary that nearby camo markers aren't in range.

xagroth likes this.
  8. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Ah, I see, I misread the question. Carry on!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation