1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tri-Core official ruling

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by Azaries, May 26, 2022.

1. Azaries

Azaries Member

Hi everyone,

It seems the general consensus on the Brawler Tri-Core is that you only gain the size, not composition bonus. The problem being in person games this seems to be a contentious subject. In a tournament this past weekend I mentioned this to my Spiral opponent and he said this was incorrect. The judge ruled that size and composition bonuses would count. This also seems to be the ruling in my local meta, that the Tagma counts as a Brawler so both bonuses are granted.

Is there an official ruling or link that I can pull up with this issue? If not I assume it will just depend on the judge or local meta to determine if this is valid.

Thanks in advance,

2. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

It says Taagma (Brawler). Why wouldn't it count as a Brawler for composition?

Dragonstriker and chromedog like this.
  3. Azaries

Azaries Member

Agreed but this is around the Tri-Core skill. For example Two Brawlers and one Tagma with Tri-Core.

This Harris would get the composition bonus for a three man but does this extend to the Tri-Core? Tri-Core just says you get the size bonus (not size and composition) for a four and five man link team. I can see the confusion as to me it seems you should get both but the forums seems to disagree. Just looking for an official ruling or post saying one way or the other.

4. Iskandar

Iskandar Well-Known Member

The offical ruling is Tri-Core provides you the size bonus of 5 members because that's what the rule says. Your composition bonus is calculated as normal for a haris.

upload_2022-5-26_17-12-16.png

5. Cthulhu363

Cthulhu363 May his passage cleanse the world.

Gotcha. Makes sense.

6. Azaries

Azaries Member

I appreciate the clarification

Hopefully this thread will be an easy reference point. I worry contention at the tournaments might be ongoing until this clarification reaches a FAQ or is touched on by Corvus. As the tournament judge who ruled said the Harris was pure so the size bonus would also be pure.

7. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Why should it be addressed in FAQs? It's written clear as water... You just need to be able to read...

Dragonstriker and chromedog like this.
  8. Azaries

Azaries Member

Lol, well you would think so, and no need to be snarky. Showing players the rule hasn't cleared up the disagreement so apparently their is ambiguity or denial out there. Again, I understand the rule but was curious what can be done in a tournament or situations of disagreement. The judge and player both said they disagreed with the forums as it wasn't official.

9. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

There are two type of bonus. Size and Composition.
    Tri-Core specifically states it gives Size Composition of 5. It's even with Capital Letter. What else...

10. Azaries

Azaries Member

That was my approach, tried to detail the differences in the two types. They agreed but said since it was a pure Harris the bonus for size would also be pure.

I will just chalk this up to you can't always convince someone of a true statement. If this comes up in the future, hopefully this thread will provide some reinforcement.

In my game it didn't change the result as my Sukeul K1 got lucky and killed his Taagma but that exchange caused all the debate.

RolandTHTG likes this.
  11. Henshini

Henshini Well-Known Member

Happens a lot with new rules, they see it one way at the start, maybe mix it up with the old rules in your head. It's definitely quite different to keep track of two fireteam bonuses as separate entities.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation