1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treason Narrative Event

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Zandramaas, May 1, 2018.

1. Zandramaas

Zandramaas Member

So, on CB’s website they have released a pdf detailing a new narrative event ‘Treason’.

https://assets.infinitythegame.net/downloads/its-event/treason/en/v1.0/treason.pdf

This includes 5 sequential missions with some special scenario rules, and I thought it looks a lot of fun.

If you were to play this through who would you side with? (it can be two answers, one for fluff and one for best army buff).

Also some of the missions have some interesting mechanics, for example in mission one BS attacks for a range of 32 inches or more auto fail. What sort of lists / key units / cool combos would you think of bringing for each mission?

2. tdc

tdc ALEPH Fragment
    Warcor

Since Yu Jing/ISS have aleph support in the closed lists, I feel obliged to join them.

3. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

Yeah, it's just illogical to support secessionists in a time, when humanity is under attack.

Although we should also ensure, that the Japanese have working WiFi, so diplomacy won't be compromised and that the Japanese population as a whole do not suffer from being disconnected from Aleph – they'll be even more unruly, if starved of candid camera pranks, disturbing game shows and video gaming.

Robock and stargorger like this.
  4. Nemo No Name

Nemo No Name Aleph Cultural Atache

I see Aleph as trying not to interfere in this case, much like you see Aleph units in both NCA nad Yu Jing despite the factions being quite antagonistic.

jherazob likes this.
  5. Zandramaas

Zandramaas Member

Not necessarily. The longer the conflict is dragged out the more of humanity's resources will be effectively "wasted" in the secessionist fight. Aleph picking a side and ending the fight ASAP could save resources and manpower and potentially be the most effective solution to combat the EI.

In respect of the faction bonuses, I may be wrong but I feel the extra 25pts for combined is super strong. I mean, I don't usually play limited insertion lists but for the 1st mission with the 32 inch limit you can field a really strong Vanilla Aleph list. Something like:

[​IMG] EI ALeph
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] ACHILLES Lieutenant Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, EXP CCW. (2.5 | 75)
    [​IMG] ATALANTA MULTI Sniper Rifle + TinBot E (Spotter) / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 39)
    [​IMG] MYRMIDON OFFICER (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (1 | 36)
    [​IMG] DASYU Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    [​IMG] DASYU Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    [​IMG] NAGA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    [​IMG] NAGA (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
    [​IMG] PROXY Mk.1 Engineer Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    [​IMG] YUDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] PROXY Mk.2 Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Boarding Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
    [​IMG] LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 325 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I haven't played a list like this before, but at first look it seems absolutely evil for the mission. Nearly everything (with Atlanta being the exception) is fairly durable, and you have lots of strong offensive pieces.

6. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I refuse to play that... thing. If I were to be forced to, however, I have a nice CA collection (I still need to get my Avatar, however), which answers all questions.

Gameplay-wise, the "initiative autowin" can be the strongest, but CA having all the reasons to deploy an Avatar (25 extra points means the Big Guy gets priced almost as a Sphinx, aside from the 1.5 extra SWC... then again, Strategos N3, Multi HMG upgraded from spitfire, and the Sepsitor Plus at dmg17...)...

Zandramaas likes this.
  7. Daniel Darko

Daniel Darko Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hello Commanders,

I recently joined in the Uprising and had to make the decisions mentioned by Commander Zandramaas. My opponent is Imperial Service and YuJing. He is somehow limited in troop-choices, because almost half of his units are ah... uprising?

Well, to have a nice narrative I joined JSA-side for this reason:
    To handicap myself a bit I started playing Steel Phalanx. I think I miss some important units, Steel Phalanx represents nothing of my prefered playstile and I am inexperienced in Link-Teams - but all that seems to make it fair.

Now, two missions in, I can say, I got my ass served. At least I learned a bit, but boy I am already struggling at making a plausible armylist. First mission I got away with a 6:4 after a brutal shootout between my two Enomotarchos-Links and a IS Core-Team with 5 members. One was a HI. After the fight was resolved, both Commanders had nothing but 3 Troops in the area. One of the enemies being their data tracker. I lost mine. 6:4 Defeat. Second Mission I tried 16 Orders and it went worse: 7:1 Defeat. My enemy had high ground and I didn't got him out of there. I always had the Initiative, but I couldn't make it worth while.

Darko, out.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation