1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transmission Matrix Casual (Haqqislam vs Druze)

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by EccentricOwl, Aug 15, 2018.

1. EccentricOwl

EccentricOwl Well-Known Member
    Warcor

It's not often you get a random chance to play Infinity when your opponent is pretty busy, so I jumped at the chance!

My opponent and I met at Recess Games in North Olmsted, Ohio - near Cleveland. Some of my other friends in the midwest might be visiting next July for an upcoming tournament... but that's neither here nor there.

We decided to use the Transmission Matrix variant from the Kurage Crisis PDF. I had a pre-built list of Druze Bayram Security that I used to great effect last tuesday, so that's what I went with.

There were some minor language barrier difficulties, but I was just eager to get some gaming in.

IMG_1479.JPG

The board looked great- we've got loads of nice terrain. In retrospect, it would've been nicer with more scatter terrain in the center to break up those long alleyways. I think he was looking for some cars (we used to have more plastic toy cars) but we couldn't find them and just went ahead and played.

The goal was to dominate the 5 antenna arrays, and also to kill the opponent's HVT, and finally to kill their DataTracker. His HVT was standing next to that glowing holo-ad - pretty smart.

His entier army just about was deployed really far back, out of range of my Druze hackers. My clipper bot couldn't hit anything, even with Spotlight.

I was taking the first turn, so I deployed very aggressively. I wanted to get up there fast to cause problems.

IMG_1481.JPG

I sent my Authorized Bounty Hunter up front. He had a Red Fury, so I figured i'd have him get close and drop into Suppressive Fire mode near his DZ. I couldn't quite get him to the objective, but since we only counted OPs at the end of each game round, I saw no reason to provide such an obvious target without at least making him work for it.
    IMG_1483.JPG IMG_1484.JPG IMG_1486.JPG

The Druze fireteam was the classic 5-man composition; Shock Marksman Rifle for defense, HMG for offense, Assault Hacker for Spotlight and defense, Clipper Bot for explosions, and a Brawler Engineer for the clipper.

While I was able to get rid of some minor roadblocks (hunzakut and Daylami Panzerfausts) without any trouble, I stalled in the midfield. His impersonating Fiday dropped too many mines and smoke for me to deal with. One mine in particular took out the marsman and HMG druze!

IMG_1491.JPG IMG_1490.JPG

The second player turn had him advancing pretty aggressively, taking out my HVT with a Ghazi and shredding much of the fireteam with a combination of smoke, Djanbazan, and Kasym Bey. It wasn't without cost; several of his supporting pieces like his Lasiq and the Djanbazan died in one of those classic "pew pew pew" moments where there were like 5 AROs to a Burst 2 missile shot with templates and mines going everywhere.

IMG_1489.JPG IMG_1490.JPG

The game ended at the bottom of Round 3. I don't think I at all lost in that corridor, but it didn't help. some bad rolls and comm issues made me skip some AROs and moves I would have really liked to take.

I was able to make it a close game, ending 6-4 by using lots of Fugazi Bots and the Pathfinder Dronbot to max effectiveness. Last time I played with this list, I won hard, but this time I was just having fun playing as a bunch of evil mercs. It was a delight, and I look forward to doing it again with the Druze.

Attached Files:

shiza and MikeTheScrivener like this.
  2. shiza

shiza New Member

Lasiq died not in that corridor, just because i want to remove your TR from the center of the board to take more points, i sacrifice him.
    There were 2 daylami, no hunza's.

EccentricOwl likes this.
  3. EccentricOwl

EccentricOwl Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hah, that's right. I got the names mixed up - my two Hunzakut weren't very useful, unfortunately! I did not usef them effectively!

4. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Whould it be posible to get the lists? I'm interested what means casual for you.

5. shiza

shiza New Member

sorry for the delay, i do not check this forum for some reasons (just forgrt about it)
    my list was something like this:
    [​IMG] Haqqislam
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]8 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] GHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] GHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] NAFFATÛN Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    [​IMG] NAJJARUN Engineer Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
    [​IMG] KAMEEL (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] DJANBAZAN HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    [​IMG] DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    [​IMG] LASIQ Viral Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] GHULAM Hacker (Hacking Device) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] SALADIN Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 36)
    [​IMG] FIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 31)
    [​IMG] DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    [​IMG] JANISSARY Akbar Doctor (MediKit) AP Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 41)
    [​IMG] MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)

4.5 SWC | 273 Points

Open in Infinity Army

not sure how much Muttawiah.

my opponent had something like this:
    clipper + 3 druze + 1 brawler (Shock Marksman Rifle, HMG, Assault Hacker and a Brawler Engineer ), bounty hunter with red fury, 2 baggage bots, 1 total hmg bot, 1 or 2 hunza's, 1 doctor and small bots for him. who was cheerleaders do not remember.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation