1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Toy truck for terrain

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by SirTycho, Oct 29, 2018.

1. SirTycho

SirTycho Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

for those of you still looking for terrain, I might have something. I found this toy truck at TEDI around two weeks ago (http://www.tedi-shop.com). It costs 2 Euros.
    Of course I don't know if you have TEDI, but if you do: I am quite satisfied with the result, so I wanted to share it.
    Since only the tires bothered me, I replaced them with the caps of Pepsi bottles, which fit very well. Then some more color and on top and... finished. The size fits, the details don't - but it's okay for two Euros.

20181028_145956.jpg

20181028_171357.jpg

20181029_215103.jpg

timberfox, Oyentido, Errhile and 14 others like this.
  2. itsuncertainwho

itsuncertainwho Well-Known Member

The paint job shifts it perfectly into the "weird sci-fi truck" area. I could see taking some plasticard and squaring off the back end and making it a small box truck.

SirTycho likes this.
  3. SirTycho

SirTycho Well-Known Member

Smart idea!
    Sadly those toys seem to be already sold out. But I keep that in mind in case I just got another one.

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Very nice find!

At first, the tires didn't bother me, but after a second thought I agree that they needed to go: Those are race-car wheels on a working truck!

5. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    You mean those concept wheels in concept truck (or tractor).

Sometimes scifi doesn't seem to care much about thing working or not. Aliens transport was like that, and without any suspension range.

6. Jedkar Midune

Jedkar Midune Member

In the UK, poundland have (had) these toy garbage trucks once painted looked very similar to MAS or other designed for infinity vehicle. Perfect scale too. Would recommend.

7. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

The Aliens APC was built around a fox (747 vintage) aircraft towing tractor. They only ran them on hard. flat surfaces (like the apron and taxiways) so there's no need to have monster truck levels of ground clearance. I always took that transport as being the one they used in urban pacifications (because, humans being humans, colonials will always revolt).

8. Section9

The Colonial Marines Tech Manual gave the APC active suspension and ride-height control, we see it in the movie at near-minimum ride height.

9. chromedog

I lost my copy of that book many years ago (more than likely, was in a pile of stuff that a mate borrowed - then he died before he could return it and now it's gone for good. His family got rid of the gaming stuff).

10. Section9

They did print a second run, I bought one and the only difference is that a pic of one of the light tanks is missing (I assume due to IP issues). Might be persuadable to sell the 2nd edition, now that I've found the original I bought in ~1996...

11. chromedog

I'm not that big a fan or collector that the book's in a "must have" list.

I'd rather have the model of the Jorden's tractor ... :D

12. Section9

I've only seen a resin&metal model in 15mm, so I think you're limited to papercraft for 28mm. It's a pretty dang big thing, though!

13. chromedog

I have industry friends working on a 3d print based off the concept drawings.

14. Section9

You have awesome friends!

15. chromedog

Yes, I know.

The FX community is like that. One big helping and sharing community (within itself. We don't tend to share outside of that ... ).
    Help out with x here, get y in return.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation