1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tohaa list for capture and protect

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by El tito Zylito, Oct 8, 2019.

1. El tito Zylito

El tito Zylito Active Member

okey guys, this saturday i have a tournament and im going with tohaa hehe, i made a list for capture and protect but bc i just started not long ago with tohaa and also because i play mostly aleph im not feeling good when it comes about list building..

so i share my creation and hope you can give me some tips!

Tohaa
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 [​IMG]3
    NIKOUL Minelayer Viral Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    DRAAL (Minelayer) AP Marksman Rifle, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1 | 40)
    KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)
    MAKAUL Heavy Flamethrower, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, Viral CCW. (0 | 13)
    CLIPSOS Minelayer Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    SUKEUL HMG, D-Charges / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 35)
    SAKIEL Lieutenant Viral Combi Rifle, Nimbus Plus Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3
    KRIIGEL Submachine Gun, Phero-Booster / Viral Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    KAELTAR (Chain of Command) Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioMates / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 21)
    TAAGMA Breaker Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

my main idea is 2 ofensive triads, draal with makaul and kaeltar, and sukeul hmg with makaul and sakiel lieut,
    i have a lot of mines, in first turn i am going to try to advance to the middle and get the beacon with smokes in second turn, for defense as i said i have a lot of mines, a nikoul (which synergizes pretty good with stratocloud) and a triad with kriigel, taagma(not sure if i can use holoecho in my advantage, maybe i can holoecho a sukeul ML) and another kaeltar.
    i put kriigel in defensive triad because maybe the enemy want to smoke my beacon and then take it (the same strategy im using), so i think the kriigel can try to isolate and bypass the smoke because pick up beacon is an attack skill.
    if its necesary the krigel can go to mid table too ofc

thanks for the help bros!

2. LZ35SRX

LZ35SRX Well-Known Member

Triading Draal with non-infiltrating non-FD troopers is quite a weak choice IMO. Draal can deploy 8 inches farther (and not using that is a waste of points), and with 6-2 move he is much faster than regular 4-4 LI troopers (because you're not going to Move-Move most of the time).

The second Clipsos minelayer feels redundant to me, I mean you already have 3 mines on the field (not in the same "zone" though, I admit), as does the second Symbiomate Kaeltar. I would drop them for two more Makauls and two Chaksa Auxiliars, for more orders and DZ defence.

Another choice could be to downgun Draal to SMG, downgrade one Makaul to regular Kamael, and replace another Makaul with a Sakiel LRL, for heftier punch in your defensive Triad (OTOH both Kriigel's fartgun and Sakiel's LRL are 24-inchers, so their threat range is a bit limited).

Basically, the idea is to split up the punch if your attack Triads into two (Sukeul+two Makauls and Sakiel+Kamael+Makaul, never underestimate 4 dice of Viral up to 16" on 2W trooper), set Draal up as a solo runner-grabber or killer, and then give your defensive Triad more punch and survivability. Taagma could fake being a Sukeul ML in this Triad, to make opponent second-guess and maybe waste a few orders, or you could hide him with Kaeltar within 8" of Kriigel/Sakiel LRL pair, and then reform the Triad if one of those boys falls.

also, Chaksa HFT+Sensor is love, Chaksa is life.

Tohaa
    GROUP 1 [​IMG]10 [​IMG]3
    NIKOUL Minelayer Viral Sniper Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 30)
    DRAAL (Minelayer) Submachine Gun, Pulzar, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1 | 31)
    SAKIEL Lieutenant Viral Combi Rifle, Nimbus Plus Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    KAMAEL Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    CHAKSA AUXILIAR (Baggage, Sensor) Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 10)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    SAKIEL Combi Rifle, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 23)
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

EDIT: A follow-up, Symbiomate'd Sukeul HMG in a Triad is a pretty scary ARO model as well, especially in cover. If the terrain allows deployment with cover, good overwatch firelane and access to the attack vector without using too many orders to access - you could use that as well. Half a TRBot is more than none after all =)

#2 LZ35SRX, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    ChoTimberwolf and El tito Zylito like this.
  3. El tito Zylito

thanks for ur post bro! im seriosly thinkin about using your list :D

4. LZ35SRX

No problem =)
    Another trick you could do with this list is put your Clipsos into Hidden Deployment. This won't prevent you from placing a Mine with Minelayer, so you could fake having an Igao or something, if you deploy Draal within 8" of Clipsos' mine =)

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  5. El tito Zylito

oh i see, you mean using draal minelayer and putting 2 camos so you are making the opponent think that one is the mine and the other one is the igao or the libertos.. hehe nasty

about your list, there is 1 thing im not completely happy with, and thats the triad with sakiel viral, makaul and kamael, i think being an offensive triad, there is a lack of long range weapon, what do you think about using a gao rael spitfire?

6. LZ35SRX

Gao-rael would be better, yes, but then you'll have to cut a Chaksa (basically 3 orders), and downgun somebody to free up 0,5 SWC (most likely Clipsos, from minelayer to FO or maybe BSG). Not sure if it's worth it, especially since you have a Makaul in this Triad, and with him - Eclipse smoke cover, which can help you easily get close (remember, nobody, not even MSV 2 and 3, can see through it) ,

7. El tito Zylito

yes, exactly as u said

i came up with this list, but im not sure.. im losing a lot of orders for just a gao rael spit...

capture definitive v3

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]2
    DRAAL (Minelayer) AP Marksman Rifle, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1 | 40)
    CLIPSOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    GAO-RAEL Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 33)
    KAELTAR Light Shotgun, Flash Pulse + 2 SymbioBombs / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 15)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

8. LZ35SRX

Not as many as you think, actually. You just need to replace Sakiel LRL, not add Gao-Rael to the current list.

For example :

Tohaa
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]3
    DRAAL (Minelayer) Submachine Gun, Pulzar, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Viral Pistol, Knife. (1 | 31)
    CLIPSOS (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    KAMAEL Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    GAO-RAEL Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 33)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    REEX (Marksmanship L1) K1 Marksman Rifle / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 20)
    REEX Boarding Shotgun, Contender, Nanopulser / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 13)
    6 SWC | 299 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  9. El tito Zylito

What do you think about draal smg? I nevrr played it but i think its too short rangen for a non camo unit

10. LZ35SRX

He has high move, Stratuscloud during first game turn, and HyperDynamics L1, so he is pretty survivable by himself, and can dodge if he can't shoot back, making it 1 die on 15 vs 1 die of enemy's whatever on -3 (on base BS most likely, due to positive range, if you don't hug the cover). All this allows him to close in to 8", or at least flank enemy troopers on 16", so yeah, as an attack piece Draal SMG is good.

Problems start when you don't have the first turn. Draal needs to hide, yet deploy as far up as he can, and any random asshole with grenades can just spec fire whittle him down. Depending on dice luck, he won't even waste too many orders.

El tito Zylito likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation