1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa & ITS S9

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Flipswitch, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Hi folks. I've recently swapped out my Onyx for this year of competitive play and I'm going to be playing with my lovely artechokes. That said, I'm keen to get some discussion rolling here and I want to start with Datatrackers and some particular questions.

What Datatrackers do you find to be a great pick for Tohaa with this season? Are there any missions you find Tohaa struggle with in particular and what type of great counter-Datatracker picks do you find within our faction?

yojamesbo and Cothel like this.
  2. Sora9785

Sora9785 Well-Known Member

Aggressive one is the rasail, although it is a no-brainer. Defensive one could be a lone chaksen baggage on a roof or an ectros

3. perseus

perseus Angry Clown

Ectros hmg
    Neema any variant
    Gorgos

4. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

Tohaa are really blessed with many good data trackers. Anything with multi-wounds, defensive buffs and/or is fast can really work well and we are really spoilt for that :)

Rasail has been said. Having said that I’m a bit hesitant to be making it a Datatracker as it’s usually a strike piece. Unless the objective is to kill something I might change it up.

I'm starting to really like the Kerail Preceptor or Holo1 Kotail. They're both fast moving, mean units. The Kerail preceptor especially can be good given that it also has smoke though the Kotail Superjump on T3 where the boards area lot emptier also open it up. Both these units are relatively durable. The Kerail Preceptor also comes in at 20pts for one Sundrabeast which is crazy cheap for a multiwound data tracker with 6-4 move.

Cothel and Abrilete like this.
  5. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Neema is a good offensive (Spitfire) and Deffensive (Breaker Combi) Datatracker, because she has many wounds, can fight in both long distance and close combat, comes with friends (the Triad) to help/revive her, and can use the Symbiobombs for several nasty tricks. Having 3 wounds (plus the mandatory Symbiomate), it's easy to retreat her to a safer location if things go wrong. The problem is that she and her Triad-mates make the package a little bit expensive.

Taqeul is a good defensive Datatracker, because the combination of Symbiobombs, Symbiomates and Symbiobugs gives it several layers of protection. And if the Taqeul goes unconscious, using Regeneration with 65% chance of success isn't a bad bet, nearly as good as using a Doctor.

Regarding the Rasail, I don't like it as Datatracker, but that's because I usually use her as a suicide trooper.

#5 Abrilete, Nov 30, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Cothel likes this.
  6. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

That's funny, I'm in the process of benching my OCF in favor of the space-faring vegetables as well.

Anyway, what are people using for knocking out the AC2 in Looting? Glancing through profiles, my beginner's take is that something toting D-Charges is the way to go...?

7. Flipswitch

Gorgos Fists, Gao-Tarsos AD2/3. Sukuel FO dashing it, or a Kosuil are my first thoughts, Makaul DA too if you can gangbang a triad in there.

Abrilete likes this.
  8. yojamesbo

yojamesbo purchaser of car seats

I like the idea of marching a triad of Makauls right on over. Definitely going to try that at some point.

melkiach and Abrilete like this.
  9. Wombat85

Wombat85 Well-Known Member

You cant ad a data tracker, they must start the game oon the board

Cothel likes this.
  10. Alkasyn

Alkasyn Well-Known Member

For Looting, an Igao is a very good piece. The Sukeul also has D-Charges, and I remember blowing the console up with her, after the Igao died putting 1 wound on it.

Also, for missions requiring Civilian murder, the Krakot works very well.

Flipswitch and Abrilete like this.
  11. Flipswitch

Aye I'm looking to play Looting & Sabotage this Thursday with a friend as his practice for an event, not sure whether to bring my Tohaa or just my vCA for him to play against. Tohaa definitely has a few options for this mission.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation