1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tohaa into Panic Room and Capture & Protect

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by stellaKntrL, Mar 30, 2021.

1. stellaKntrL

stellaKntrL New Member

Hi everyone, pretty new Infinity player. Are you tailoring a list for Panic Room and Capture & Protect.

My standard list doesn't have engineer or hacker for the button pushers, so I've only reall got a Taquel CoC and Kamael FO. Feels light. Should I be further optimising?

Panic rooms fits two Taquel's well for Essential Personnel. Is a Taagma Schemers or Jaan Staar something you would look to fit in at all? I could potentially see a Jaan Staar in some other missions though feels expensive.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  2. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Taagma are sometimes worth it for the Counterintelligence. Taquel are great in Panic Room.

Jaan is an absolute monster vs. Link Teams and well worth considering even outside of these missions, though be careful with Confused Deployment as he’s MUCH better when using his Impersonation to start right at your opponent’s front door.

3. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

I would say that in 15 orders world Taagma CI is a must (happily it's just 16 pts) and for Panic Room mission list impersonators and infiltrators are skippable.

4. OrderMonkey

OrderMonkey Well-Known Member

Strongly disagree here.
    The difference between pressing a Taagma into your list instead of a Chaksa HFT is the equivalent of having the points to field a Diplomatic Delegate or (almost) a Libertos.
    Both are worth well more than the one Order a Taagma saves.

Counterintelligence is nice to have, but far from a "must have".

5. Delta57Dash

Delta57Dash Well-Known Member

Taagmas usually replace (and imitate) a Makaul in a Defensive Fireteam whenever I feel inclined to take them, which is only 3 extra points.

I will say that while Superior Deployment is risky, an Igao can do a LOT of work in Panic Room, having a 50% chance to succeed on its deployment roll, Panic Room having a lower penalty for failing it, and being a Camo'd up, Mirrorball-tossing CC beast for clearing out the room.

6. Jonas Lasershark

For me, Panic Room is a missiom for brutal „getting things done“-triads. Taagma waters down a Triad and you already need to fit the Kaeltars somewhere.
    Essential Personnel wise 3-4 options seem enough and you easily get those without a Taagma. The Viral Taqueul CoC I value a lot in this mission and for me, Viral Rasail LT is a good pick as well. Resilient, brings his cover into the room, has a flamerbuddy and is Essential Personnel. Especially if you play first, you do not want to put a whole Triad in there turn one, you just lose too many oders after your opponent got rid of it. And he will. If he can not clear a Triad in one turn, his list kind of sucks for Panic Room.

7. stellaKntrL

stellaKntrL New Member

I ended up with a Jaan Staar for Panic Room. Character is nice. I went for the 8+ dice roll to deploy her in enemies deployment zone. Don't expect to get it, though since that mission counters all the rest on her ability, worse case is she deploys as normal on 8" line out of Imp state (no bid deal). In that case, I held back a Kaeltar as well with CT, to give her Sybio goodness out of marker state (going first). Didn't work out, though sitting a Taqeul touch the outside of the room means anyone entering (par structure point models) are taking a dirty ARO. Jaan Staar did so much work in my tounie. Each game she was taking 3-4 orders out. Time that by 3 turns and turns into a lot of denied orders that play so nicely with efficiency from triads.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation