1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timing States for Maximum Effect

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Azrael, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Azrael

Azrael Virtual HexaDome Builder

This has come up a lot in demos, especially when dealing with States that trigger off global Switch abilities (namely Maximus' Taunt and Parvati's Initiative Switches)

Many new players are confused when imposing a State only to have it immediately flip to the blue side and have reduced or no impact at all.

A good rule of thumb:
    - If the target of the State is also the one triggering it (generally a beneficial State like +2 Initiative and Focused), it's best to be triggered outside of the triggering character's activation when they are making a Defense or Brawn roll.
    - If the target of the State is anyone else (enemy or ally), it's best to be triggered during the triggering character's activation.

This will best delay the flipping of those State tokens until the target's next activation.

Hope this helps somebody!

#1 Azrael, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  2. Azrael

Edited OP verbage for clarity.

3. Azrael

I think I can even sum it up more succinctly:

"States will last longer and be more effective if applied to a target who is not the active character."

I should have led with that...

-V- and ijw like this.
  4. Hero of Sparetime

Did I understand this correctly, that for example Maximus taunted a enemy who was still activated, is still taunted until the end of his owen aktivation next round?

5. Chandly

Chandly Corregidor, de toda la vida...

The states are flipped (or removed) when the character activation ends. If Maximus taunts an aristo during the activation of that aristo, the state is turned at the end of its activation. If Maximus taunts an aristo who has already acted that round, he will be taunted until the end of his activation of the next round.

-V- and Hero of Sparetime like this.
  6. Hero of Sparetime

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation