1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timing of effects

Discussion in 'Rules' started by tox, Feb 12, 2018.

1. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

This weekend i got a bunch of Demo at Bologna Nerd Show (did you see the pictures on Infinity FB page?) and i found out something i'm not sure how to resolve.

When both players can play/activate something, the Underdog decide who goes first.
    Now, let's get a couple of examples...

We both have to play tactics. My opponent is the Underdog so i have to go first.
    Do i have to play ALL of my intended card now and then it's the Underdog turn? (i think this is the case)
    Do we play one card alternatively, starting with me? If i do not play a card, can i play one after that?

Same thing with Switches activation.
    What is the timing of expenditure and resolution of the switches?
    Do we activate alternatively or i have to play ALL of my switches before my opponent?

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

We're still waiting on an answer from @-V-!

3. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

LOL!
    I am in good company, then!

4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

I'm delaying the answer 'cos we're building up the FAQs. So, my answers could be revisited near future.

What I can tell you for sure is about Switches: Active Player decides which player activates ALL their Switches first.

About Tactics (at this moment): The idea is for Underdog to decide just in case both players desire to play at same time a Tactic. Tactics are ment to be played as a "poker rising bet". And both players could add any Tactics after their rival's just played any Tactics.

Hope this help.

:wink:

Genesis, ijw, volgo and 1 other person like this.
  5. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

The Active Player? Not the Underdog?

I can see the good in the "rising bet" mode for Tactics

6. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Yes, Active Player.

:wink:

7. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Ok, just find the line where it says that!

About the Poisoned state...
    Gata has a Tactic (Pain Suppressant) that has timing
    "During Gata Activation"

and says
    "Until the end of the round, instead of receiving :4: Damage Tokens, Gata receive that number of :D: Poisoned tokens".

The Poisoned State says
    "Targets affected by this State suffer 1:4: Damage at the end of their Activation, during the States Step, for each :D: Poisoned token on their Character card. After dealing this :4:, remove all :D: Poisoned tokens from that Character’s card."

How and why do you use it?
    I can see only a single way to use it... Activate her first and engage a heavy hitter like Musashi, Wild Bill or Lunah and laugh on their faces... She cannot be removed for THAT round, but at the end of her next activation she goes to Infirmary nontheless...
    Is this how it is intended?

8. Damiel

Damiel Domaru sexytorizado :3
    Warcor

It's the main idea yes... But, what do you think about doing that and then use Parvati's Reset 2.0 (or regular Reset if you don't have the card)?

It's... Algebraic!

:3

-V- likes this.
  9. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

OMG i didn't even think of it...
    :astonished:

10. eronth

eronth Active Member

Basically she can't get hurt for a round, so it's a great way to get her somewhere in a scoring zone and know she'll very likely still be there at the end of the round. They'll have to displace or place her if they want her somewhere else.

11. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

If you don't have the Quicksilver tactic...

12. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

I don't get how it saves Gata for the whole round. Sure, the tactic is in effect for the round, but Gata suffers her damage at the end of her activation, so she's likely to be in the infirmary before the end of the round (unless Parvati or Laxmee obviously).

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

13. eronth

eronth Active Member

Gata shouldn't be taking damage on her turn, so you have her go first in the round and use Pain Suppressants. Make sure not to take damage and place her where you need her. Then, anyone else can wail on her and she just builds up the poison counters. They should not be flipping to the blue side until sometime during next round, making her effectively safe from death.

Damiel and precinctomega like this.
  14. precinctomega

precinctomega Member

Ah, OK. Of course. The fact that she has no attacks means no one can damage her on her own turn or through that round.

Play her last in the next round and she's still inclinable until her round ends. Your opponent will probably ignore her because she's going to die anyway, then hit her with Laxmee or Parvati's "remove states" effect to really troll your opponent and grab the next scoring zone, too!

Nice.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation