1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Timeline of the Paradiso War

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by MrMorphine482, Nov 26, 2018.

1. MrMorphine482

MrMorphine482 Well-Known Member

As stated in subject - is there a current timeline of the back-and-forth campaigns and major battles on Paradiso? How long has the conflict been going and where's it gone in each offensive? Who's lost what and how? Are there any noteworthy personae?

And, well, if there's no comprehensive article or such to look to, where could I find the information in various published material?

2. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Although I don't have the books, you'll probably find that information in the "Campaign Paradiso" old book and the "Third Offensive" new book.

3. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

According to the timelines in the RPG the First Offensive on Paradiso (which is the initial Combined Army invasion) was in 60 NC. The Second Offensive was in 64 NC and ended when the Tohaa joined the fight and the front was stabilised with their help.

The RPG "today" date is 67 NC, but I believe Third Offensive is in 68 NC (I will have my book in hand this afternoon to confirm).

[​IMG]

#3 AdmiralJCJF, Nov 26, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
    xagroth, Berjiz, Section9 and 2 others like this.
  4. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Eights years of continuous war in Paradiso huh? That's longer than I thought.

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Across an entire planet? Not as long as you'd think.

The Second Sino-Japanese War lasted from 1937 to 1945, that's 8 years. WW2 in Europe kicked off in 1939, lasted till 45, that's 6 (ok, 5.5) years. US involvement in Vietnam was from 1950 all the way till 1975 (nearly 25 years), and the US has been in Afghanistan since late 2001 till today (~18 years).

You get longer wars when you're trying to avoid completely destroying a habitable planet. Exterminatus doesn't take very long at all (6 months to redirect a Dinosaur-Killer asteroid, less to punt a cargo ship up to obscene speed), but assumes you don't want the planet at the end of the war. Since both the EI and the Human Sphere want the planet after the war, the fighting is less extreme.

xagroth, Nemo No Name and Abrilete like this.
  6. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Or, even further reading into long-drawn conflicts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirty_Years'_War

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  7. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

Wasn't the second offensive all the story of campaign paradiso ? (with outrage, best story in the Infinity universe btw. Entertaining with bravory, fast paced story, playable)

8. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I'm well aware that sometimes wars last a long time, I'm just saying that the war on Paradiso had lasted longer than I thought it had.

Eight years of considerable investment in the CA conflict could have interesting consequences in the involved powers.

9. Darkvortex87

Darkvortex87 Combat jump kamikaze

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation