1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Theorizing Cuervo Goldstein, Basilisk Level Delta

Discussion in 'O-12' started by Bruno Braga, Jan 15, 2020.

?

Which profile do you prefer to use with Cuervo?

1. Boarding Shotgun

42.1%
  2. Submachine Gun

57.9%
  1. Bruno Braga

Bruno Braga Well-Known Member

upload_2020-1-15_9-23-42.png

New year means new "Theorizing X" threads and boy do we have a fun model to start the year off with!

O-12's Character AD trooper is definitely a unique one. Not only do we have a CC expert, but we also got an incredibly solid BS skill of 13. Alongside these incredibly solid attributes, Cuervo also has +1 PH compared to his vanilla Delta buddies, meaning that when paired with either an EVO HD or any of the other hackers (which O-12 has plenty of) with access to Controlled Jump, he's going to be landing on a pretty reliable 16. We also see the same ARM/BTS values as a regular Delta, and while BTS 0 is a bit sad, ARM 3 is nothing to scoff at for sure. Lastly and what I probably consider the best thing about him, he's essentially a 2 W model thanks to NWI and Shock Immunity. This really lets him make the most out of his other solid attributes.

Profiles:

Boarding Shotgun

At a whopping 42 points and having the shortest range bands of both profiles, I'd have to say that this one is my least favorite of the two.
    The lower burst of the BS is a bit of a bummer, however, considering that he can land within the BS's good range bands (or simply land outside of 8" and then just move into range) this means he can be shooting models off the table with a crazy BS 19!
    D-Charges are available on both profiles and can be extremely useful for Classified Objectives as well as blowing up enemy AC2s after landing right next to them. I don't think you'd rush to use them in CC, especially considering the following feature.
    The Monofilament CCW! What a crazy good gun considering that Cuervo has Martial Arts L4. Being able to deploy a MA L4 model with a Monofilament CCW is absurd. He can quite easily take down any Lieutenant or any TAG in the game, without many worries or risks to his health thanks to his 2 wounds.

Submachine Gun

Much of what I mentioned in the Boarding Shotgun profile remains true for the SMG version of Cuervo, with a few additions.
    Having access to the SMG gives cuervo a nice option of ammo variety with AP or Shock. On top of this, with access to an Akrylat-Kanone, Cuervo becomes another model in O-12 with access to Adhesive ammo, and at quite a good range band on top of that. This gives him a strong ARO weapon should he scatter off the table or too far away to make good use of his SMG.
    All in all, with the cost reduction attributed to the SMG, this is the profile that I always choose whenever I field Cuervo. For his role in O-12 (being a high value assassin) this profile definitely gives you more bang for your buck.

As mentioned in the profile section, Cuervo is a solid 2 W model with some crazy good CC skills stapled onto him. Whatever role or mission you use him for, he's not going to dissapoint. With that said however, he is a significant investment points-wise and you'll have to be careful as to not just waste the 40-ish points spent on him.

In the games I've played him in, he's served the role as a Lieutenant assassin, taking out the likes of Tarik and Asuras. I tend to use him like a Speculo Killer in most games, not worrying too much if it dies as long as he's able to take out their LT and really put my opponent in a bide.

What do you guys think of our dear Cuervo Goldstein? Let's get the discussion flowing and tell everyone your war stories with him.

2. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

BSG also has an AP setting, and thanks to the template setting it will strip 3 arm from the opponent (Cover). but more importantly the template mode on the shotgun is open to infinitely more abuse than anything the SMG can do, allowing him to clear out clusters of models with ease.

Thing is I just find it hard to justify him over the delta most of the time, though in show of force and looting and sabotaging he may have a place.

dhellfox and ZlaKhon like this.
  3. lord_of_apathy666

lord_of_apathy666 New Member

I've used Cuervo in Looting and Sabotaging to amazing effect. With MA4 and his D-Charges the AC2 just melts. Outside that if used correctly either profile can wreck the back line. The Akrylat Kanone on the SMG profile gives alternative options to deal with clusters or dangerous models at respectable ranges but my personal attempts to use have been disappointing due to poor dice. I wouldn't want to take Cuervo in every list but would always take him in L&S and also Frontline as a means of securing a zone at the end of the game.

4. Bruno Braga

Oh don't get me wrong, the BSG is such a good gun on an AD Combat Jump troop! My point is that the SMG does a lot more for the way I like to use Cuervo (as a LT hunting missile) thanks to the higher burst. The addition of the shock ammo is also great at just picking off models as well.

He's definitely a much bigger investment when compared to the Delta, but it's hard to argue with the results that he can achieve. His ability to take out a mutliwound model with one (although I guess it would be two swings) swing of his monofilament CCW is amazing. He can even survive the first attack and take another shot at it thanks to his virtual two wounds.

5. Bruno Braga

Firefight is also a great mission for him! Landing on 19s feels so so good.

6. dhellfox

dhellfox The keeper of the Forgotten

this is my issue with him (and current model choices). 99% i just use him as a delta doc

Lady Numiria likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation