1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The pile of shame is increasing

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Koin-Koin, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

But with a 40% discount it's hard to resist. IMG_20180713_190609__01.jpg

Abydog, jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  2. Koin-Koin

Btw I'm resisting to buy JSA and unalinged packs.

3. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

I say you made the right choice. 40% off is nothing to sneeze at. Plus you have some extra funds for whatever comes your way.

Koin-Koin likes this.
  4. Koin-Koin

As I kept an eye on those a long time ago, it was an insta-buy. Honestly the money was less a potential stop than knowing how little the pile didn't reduce for almost a year.
    The good news is, I'm succeeding in mass painting lately (non infinity minis) so I may be back soon on those cute little robots.

xagroth and Golem2God like this.
  5. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

It's Pile of Procrastination next to the Boxes of Backlog under the Shelf of Shame, get your nomenclature right.

Section9 and Koin-Koin like this.
  6. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

Until you need a spreadsheet to track your minis, you remain strictly an amateur. Shelf of Shame is the correct term tho. Until I have 50% of my minis painted I buy no more. Exceptions made for really good discounts on minis that I was planning to eventually buy.

Koin-Koin and Golem2God like this.
  7. Koin-Koin

I totally accept my amateur status.
    250+ minis is not even a start for a decent pile.
    Btw in my case the exact term would be the drawers of shame.

8. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

You mean using a spreadsheet to track them makes me a pro...?

...can't say I have a "pile of shame" though, I simply resist purchasing more models beyond a reasonable amount of "waiting to be done" models (currently just the Brawler from Uprising, and the Maghariba that is being painted right now... and will be so for quite a while, damn big beast....).

#8 Errhile, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    chromedog and Koin-Koin like this.
  9. Pierzasty

I made so many of those that I started losing them.
    I think I need another spreadsheet to keep track of my spreadsheet trackers.

Ha. Good one.

Errhile likes this.
  10. Pierzasty

Drawers of Dishonor?

Koin-Koin likes this.
  11. Koin-Koin

I like it. I may make it official with a memorial plate on them.

12. Koin-Koin

Damned!
    And now a 60-70% discount at FLGS

Attached Files:

Xeurian, Oni and Golem2God like this.
  13. Golem2God

Seems like you got a good deal on those models.

14. Varsovian

Varsovian Well-Known Member

And here I was worried that with my Shame Shelves filled with 300+ Infinity minis, a few dozen fantasy minis and a dozen of various terrain pieces, I was beginning to lose my marbles. But you say that I'm only *getting close* to having a decent pile of unassembled stuff? Now I'm relieved :D

15. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I thought I heard a high-pitched scream coming from your wallet... :laughing:

16. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I have a "shed of shame", but it's not where the unpainted hordes live. It's where the orphaned miniatures live out their days.
    Those sets of rules abandoned by their creators, or the games where the players left them in droves, creating the same end-effect.

I only tend to buy a few models at a time, paint them, and then play with them, before buying more (I don't buy EVERY release for my factions (6) or indeed buy every month. Sometimes I go 4-5 months between purchases of mandollies. In those dry times I work on terrain instead.
    The largest number of models I bought at one time was a 6 model starter set, and that hasn't been eclipsed in 8-9 years.

Xeurian and Golem2God like this.
  17. Koin-Koin

Indeed, FLGS is using black friday to perform some massive cleaning in the stock.

Actually I'm doing a pretty good job lately as I only have 59 minis remaining to paint from the Massive Darkness KS since the post's creation. But this is only easier as there is no assembly required.
    Also all the Blood Red Skies planes are done almost within 2 days are it's really easy paint job (decals are more painful).
    Still, I have plenty of DeadZone/Warpath minis in a dedicated drawer and some Beyond The Gates of Antares just for fun.

Not that much actually (I know it's really up to each of us) as all in the pic cost me around 60€ (the 3 BRS boxes are 20£ each).

What was more painful was to bring back everything under the rain as I acted as a proxy for 3 friends of mine.
    IMG_20181124_114546_resultat.jpg Missing from the pic 3 Sarissa's Landing Crafts

Plus, as for each 50€ spent I could took something from a dedicated pile and I get a BtGoA Starter box, a Ghar armour box, a Celestia game and a 75 Gnom' Street boardgame.

You are a wise man, if we were all as wise as you are, most mini manufacturers would have close now :sweat_smile:

#17 Koin-Koin, Nov 25, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Xeurian, chromedog and Golem2God like this.
  18. Golem2God

I'm building a Ghar/Ghar Rebel force along with a Scorn themed Isorian force & perhaps the Virai. So seeing someone else on here getting into Antares is a welcome sight indeed. I hope you enjoy everything you got on this seemingly grand sale.

19. Golem2God

@chromedog I'm also careful when spending on my miniature hobby. I've almost never gotten near $100 in a month unless it is a special occasion aka I found many good deals throughout the month. Many times I test buy a faction through purchasing a single unit/model and seeing if I like the range enough to procure more in order to build a force. Models from discontinued game are usually bought for conversion reasons.

20. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Great googly-moogly! :money_mouth_face:

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation