1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The obligatory 'rate my list' post

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by Mikes, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Mikes

Mikes Well-Known Member

Hey, all

Not a new player by any stretch, but I'm trying to put together a list for a friend who is semi-interested in Infinity for an upcoming friendly ITS tournament and I'm trying to make it as easy to use as possible, while keeping any additional purchases to a low, and would appreciate any thoughts and suggestions.

Here's my reasoning for inclusions:

Dragao - is a necessity. It's his model and I painted it up for him to get him into the game (it worked), so unfortunately he needs to stay.
    The REMS - I've come up against them and they've decimated me. Apart from the PEacemaker I would have to buy the rest, but with the EVO overclock I think it would set him up nicely for the reactive turn so long as he places right.
    The Crocman and Akalis - these are the objective takers. I went for the Akalis over the Hexas killer hacker because a) I own it, and b) the EVO gives a bonus to AD deployment, so why not?
    Machinist - to protect the robot investment.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

[​IMG] PanOceania
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    [​IMG] DRÃGAO Hyper-Rapid Magnetic Cannon, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2.5 | 94)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] CRABBOT Flash Pulse / Knife. ()
    [​IMG] FUGAZI DRONBOT Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    [​IMG] MULEBOT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] PEACEMAKER Heavy Shotgun + AUXBOT_3 / Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] AUXBOT_3 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    [​IMG] BULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)
    [​IMG] BULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)
    [​IMG] MACHINIST Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
    [​IMG] PALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] CROC MAN (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] AKAL COMMANDO Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0.5 | 28)
    [​IMG] FUSILIER Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

2. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

If you can't get into one order group anyway I'd ditch one PalBot and go for a WarCor.

You could save some points by dropping one Bulleteer down to a Heavy Shotgun, that would allow you to go for a Hacker instead of the Paramedic (you WANT supportware).

3. Awash in Blood

Awash in Blood Agent of Devastation

While I'm new to the game, what AdmiralJCJF said about the paramedic makes sense. Afterall, who is he going to revive? Most of the army is mechanical, have him boost them as a hacker.

4. Dyne

Dyne Well-Known Member

A second group with a LT fusilier and no more?? :astonished:
    Drop it and left one group...

5. Superfluid

Superfluid Welcome to Svalarheima

Your list is very similar to the early lists I used to ran when I just got my drago and was getting into the game. So please don't think i'm trying to be mean with the following critique... :)

What I don't like about your list is that it is full of attack pieces, with only a couple of units that might be half decent AROs which are the peace maker and a free shot your croc man might get from hidden deployment.

ODD Spitfire bulleteers are bad on ARO because they will likely lose to a half decent unit with an HMG, and you probably only need the one for attacking anyway. You might want to have a fusilier hacker to give it marksmanship lv2, that is a way better investment than 2 bulleteers and it frees up some SWC and points.

The TAG has a nice ARO from very long distance, but if you put it somewhere too open in your deployment your opponent will bring their best piece to attack it so you need to consider dedicated ARO pieces.

Having 11 orders over 10 means your opponent can spend a command token to reduce your order pool to 8 and if you're going first that sucks, because you really want to use one of your nice smashy attack pieces to hurt them with. But then I think you have too many attack pieces so...

I would look at which units you imagine attacking with, and on what turns, then imagine how your opponents might attack you on if you have to go second. AD troopers, warbands with smoke, a link team with an HMG, and TO skirmishers are all things you need to consider how to defend against. You want things like total reaction, mod stacking units (like nisse or bulleteers with shotguns), hidden guys, defensive fireteams, and cheap direct template users, to help combat those common attack pieces.

Snipers and/or TR bots are excellent in 10 order TAG lists because they can protect your 90pt investment from flankers and they need to be removed before your opponent can continue.

Also the AD trooper isn't contributing to your orders from turn one unless you attack with him, I would consider switching him for something else.

And the fusilier paramedic has only a few guys he can actually heal, and none of which you really want to risk with only a medikit.

And finally you have only one possible LT, and coupled with few defensive units means you are vulnerable to assassination style units.

If you let us know what you own we can help suggest lists back atcha, or does this represent most of what you have?

Awash in Blood likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation