1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new Campaign and JSA

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by Yasashii Fuyu, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Yasashii Fuyu

Yasashii Fuyu Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone

As a former member of the Yu Jing "High Command" in the last 2 Beasts of War & Corvus Belli Online Campaign, and a proud member of the JSA during the upcoming Campaign this May-June, I thought maybe it was about time to get some hype and motivation as well as some ideas and propaganda ready for the campaign!

As you know these big Online Campaigns are always a time of great activity, where each factions player base gets a little closer together, gets to know each other, learns a lot about the game and their own faction, and write a LOT of awesome battle reports and stories for their little metal soldiers, while working together to achieve some small goals during the campaign to slightly influence the overall fluff of Infinity and make their mark on history (however small it might be)

Those of you who have seen the previous campaigns will know that it is usually also a time of a lot of funny bantering and propaganda pictures/videos making the rounds to motivate people and create a fun atmosphere. Yu Jing previously wasn't very good at this to be honest, which didn't help us in the long run, but we are Japanese now, and we have a giant well of Memes, Anime, Tradition and goofy game shows at our disposal to make some awesome Propaganda with, and hopefully some of you will find the time/ideas to do so! :-)

With that said...here's something I made on the fly...not extremely creative, but if you know the song and stuff, I think you'd agree it's fitting!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wizzy, Dude, stevenart74 and 2 others like this.
  2. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

I played PanO in Wotan, but this time I might jump over to JSA, as they were my first army. I hope we get some decent representation though

3. Grunt9101

Grunt9101 New Member

I'm really looking forward to being involved in the community finally! Our Local group finally picked up a healthy amount of Infinity (after I got everyone all excited with my loot from Adepticon!) and now we have such a strong player base. Of course I'm rocking JSA and will be happy to spread the meme love lol

Arlic, sarf and MikeTheScrivener like this.
  4. EDOCGenKip

EDOCGenKip Member
    Warcor

The third "sasageyo" threw me off; I think this is supposed to be a Shingeki no Kyoujin OP?

I suppose it's fine, so long as muh samurai aren't getting whomped by Daturazi in CC:

5. Yasashii Fuyu

*lol* I was just throwing that phrase on some inspiring art really, nothing too fancy or clever for now, I did that stuff in like 10 minutes (most of which I spent learning how to make that letters look that way..) Hopefully better people than me will come up with some better Propaganda along the way.

Yeah it's from the Shingeki no Kyoujin Season 2, I personally am not a huge fan of the series, but this version of the song just made me love it and find it very fitting for the Uprising: Sasageyo seems to mean something along the lines of "Sacrifice" or "Offering" which I find extremely fitting for JSA's sacrifice for their independence in this conflict.

stevenart74 likes this.
  6. Fyeya

Fyeya Yakitori over a light flamethrower

Avoiding the most obvious option for parody (Code Geass), I'd say Hill of Sorrow, or just anything made by Hiroyuki sawano would do.

This is also my 'go to' for the absurdity of humanity.

(Also I just reallllly like those drums)

It seems like the Uprising is meant to be a vainglorious event where a lot of people die for intangible ideals, which makes it a mixture of heroic and needlessly tragic.

Which is very samurai, really.

Xeurian likes this.
  7. Sunabe

Sunabe Active Member

I hope to find some opponents to participate in the next campaign. Just got my first army in.

8. wayton

wayton Active Member

Usually a Haqqislam player myself, but a friend has ISS and I grabbed a bunch of JSA. So grudge match!

9. Dude

Dude Master in training

Did you art that? Yojimbo especially is magnificent.

10. Fyeya

I like the Shikami, even though he appears to have killed a haramaki?

Sort of confused by that one.

11. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I looked at that like he found a dead Haramaki and was being sad about it, thus the sad expression looking upwards.

12. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

Couldn't care less about beasts of wotan 3 or their campaign system, but great art.

chromedog likes this.
  13. Fyeya

Ah, I got the impression he killed him for some reason and was reflecting.

I dunno.

14. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Pretty good drums, but I've never been a big fan of that vocalist.

15. Fyeya

Yeah, not my favorite vocals, but I enjoy the overall 'mood' of the song.

That said, my first instinct would be something more like hill of sorrow:

Just to capture the samurai melancholy. That's one thing about Japan and bushido of the pre 20th century that can be overlooked by modern audiences, old Japan was pretty aware of the human cost of war, even as they engaged in it aggressively, which is sort of fascinating how death was both venerated and mourned. Just sort of an interesting angle to take the new JSA, rather than just WW2-era Jingoism.

16. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Hmmm... a Kiroyuki Sawano song that fits the JSA and Uprising...
    Then, definitely, BARRICADES, a very optimistic song about killing to gain freedon and get revenge :p

17. Yasashii Fuyu

Just as a piece of info, those artworks aren't from me, but part of the Infinity Roleplaying Game stuff I kickstarted.

One of the pictures actually shows a Domaru (or Haramaki, not sure anymore) murdering another of its kind, I think it was from an example character that became a mercenary after some internal struggle or whatnot...but it hardly matters really :-P

Yeah the Yojimbo one is particularly awesome I think!

I personally look forward to the BoW Campaign, it matters not if we'll get whooped or whatnot, it will be so much fun seeing all those new JSA in battle reports and reading their stories and whatnot, the outcome is almost irrelevant for me, especially since it's mostly pre deretmined anyways.

As for awesome JSA Music....I always loved this one...the lyrics are also very fitting I find:

Lyrics: http://www.jpopasia.com/supercell/lyrics/180685/hakushu-kassai-utaawase/hakushu-kassai-utaawase/

But to be fair...all of the Katanagatari Soundtrack is basically as awesome japanese music as it gets....

I mean....(Gets even better after 3:40)

Enough said :-P

18. Sunabe

Sunabe Active Member

Are we getting our own goals to fight for or are we lumped in with the rest of NA2?

19. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I'd hope that each of the NA2 armies have their own goals, some of which align and some of which diverge.

20. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

The Ikari and JSA ones would probably align in some ways and diverge in others: Ikari might be more likely to do ops against "allies" of the JSA after all, while both will be hitting Yu-Jing.

Star Co. as a Nomad-based venture may avoid hitting Nomad interests, but business is business.

And as for the Druze Bayram, well, those cameos in mangas don't pay the bills. There's a right price for almost everything. They'll follow the money.

I had proposed some kind of system where the major factions could post "bounties" for players acting as mercs back at the end of the last campaign as part of a massive "suggestions to improve" thread in the aftermath, a while before we knew NA2 were a thing. JSA are an exception as non-mercenaries of course, but I'm wondering if maybe I didn't slightly call it and the three Merc forces players might be able to sell their services to big factions somehow....

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation