1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Grid "fixes" make the mission even more unbalanced

Discussion in 'ITS' started by Triumph, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

The Grid's always had an issue where the player going first had the potential to cause an impossible blowout victory to catch up to by destroying any 5 antennas on turn 2. This lead to player 2 being locked out 6 VPs for the remaining 5 player turns.

While it's a mission I do enjoy it's always had issues that have needed fixing.

Now initially I looked at the changes in season 10, which looked like a good fix. The far Antennas are the only ones that count for destroying antennas. So in theory, player 1 destroys 3 far antennas, then player 2 destroys their 3 far antennas, and now both players are tied and the game continues on.

The problem is it doesn't work that way.

Now what happens is player 1 goes first and on turn 2:

• Destroys 1 far antenna.
    • Destroys the 3 close antennas
    Now they've only destroyed 4 antennas instead of 5, and they lock their opponent out of scoring more destroyed antennas because they can't possibly destroy any antennas now.

If player 1 destroys a 5th antenna, as before with last season, their opponent is now locked out of 8 VPs instead of 6, because killing the DVT with a data tracker no longer does anything.

Speaking of which Datatracker is listed in the mission rules but not actually given a subsection, seems like a typo and it's not meant to be in this mission.

@HellLois Is this how it was intended to be? Have I misunderstood the rules of the scenario in some fashion? It seems like season 10's grid is unfortunately even worse than season 9.

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

No. The last paragraph under Destroy Antennas has already been confirmed as a copy-paste error, and in any case it doesn't match up with the Main Objectives anyway.

3. Triumph

That's... a pretty bad misprint. What about the data tracker, what parts of that were misprinted do we have confirmation on that yet?

4. Bobman

Bobman MERC

Is that confirmed all antennas can be destroyed for points? The same switch around as last time? I'll put it in the question thread if so.

5. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

A slight error on my part, it was in the Warcor forum not publicly.

Bobman likes this.
  6. Triumph

yeah that sounds like something that should be made public.

paraelix, Hecaton and Bobman like this.
  7. Bobman

Bobman MERC

Could you point me to it please? If I can get the wording up at least people may not ask it so much.

8. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Don't hold your breath...

Can someone tell whoever is making this document to not copy/paste scenarios from the misprinted originals? This is basic stuff...

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation