1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Essence of Petiso Mod

Discussion in 'Game Reports' started by Roadrunner7431, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I watched Juan Lara use Petiso Mod for a casual game that he posted on his TTS YouTube channel "Ecos del Hexadome" Señor Petiso, himself a Warcor in Spain, was so kind as to explain it to me. It is not legal for AGL2 so consider it only for casual games at this time.
    The essence is that characters are drawn randomly from the pool of 8 to 24, whatever is appropriate for the given match. Initiative cards are chosen, shuffled and placed face down in the deck of 8 to 24 characters in front of each player. One player is chosen to have the first choice of two pairs of cards that are dealt in front of the players. On TTS, I am planning to set up the five barriers in a vertical row so that there is an outside channel and an inside channel. So the first initiative card of each player is dealt to the outside channel, the second to the inside. Player A deals Wild Bill to the outside and Bixie inside. Player B deals Hexxer to the outside and Koorie Queen inside. Now Player A believes Wild Bill is slightly OP so he grabs the opportunity to play with him and so Player B puts Hexxer on his team. The inside channel pair is then effectively excluded from this match. This process continues with each player alternating with choice of the pairs that are dealt until each four character team is chosen.
    This makes me think to the Roman Gladiatorial games when the contestants were often matched with unequal weapons, short sword versus net and trident for example, and the emperor's representative chose the match(or he deferred to the crowd's acclaim) and the gladiators not chosen lived to fight another day.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation