1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Blog - The best plays of the V Interplanetario

Discussion in 'Events & Tournaments' started by Roadrunner7431, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

I greatly enjoy this game and appreciate the efforts of CB to make this game available to the English speaking audience. However I cannot understand what is expressed in this recently posted blog. Could someone who is bilingual translate this blog? I love this game and do not want to miss such important content.

Croepoek and Balewolf like this.
  2. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

Are you having trouble understunding the whole thing or just some bits? I see there are some weird translations like "blind it=dazzle it", "end whit Gata=Attack Gata", "stole 5 cards=draw 5 cards.

3. Roadrunner7431

This is a copy of the first paragraph:
    In scenarios such as "Assault" or "Scorched Earth " (that allow you to reappear from any zone other than the scoring zone), I put Gata second on the initiative scale. Then, I place her very far up on the board and use the first turn of another aristo to use it as a jumping point for her. With this, I make sure to arrive (with double movement and using Freerun) to lock the enemy shooter in its deployment zone and try to blind it.

The opponent must decide whether to go to the center to score, or to end with Gata.

If you go to the infirmary, I’ll use another aristo as support so that Gata can be placed in the center, score in any area of the Hexadome using Freerun and try to blind any opponent, only with 3 AP.

I understand the first sentence. However the second sentence : Then, I place her very far up on the board and use the first turn of another aristo to use it as a jumping point for her. Each word has an English meaning but it seems that something may be lost in translation. I understand that blind and dazzle are the same thing.

Then, The opponent must decide whether to go to the center to score, or to end with Gata. What does that actually mean?

I received a "like" on my initial post creating this thread so there is a least one other English speaker that agrees with me.

4. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

Yeah, I never said you were not right. And CB should be more careful whit the translations.

My english is not that great but I can try so at least you can understand the plays.

He deploys Gata in an advanced possition and use the character activated in the first place (Gata goes second) to enable that Gata can reach the opponent Deployment zone using Free-run on that character.

This means that as Gata is now adjacent to an enemy and one of the enemy range shotters is probably dazzled, the enemy need to choose if he goes to the Scoring Zone (that it is the center as we are on first round of Assault) or he tries to kill Gata.

Hope that this helps.

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  5. Roadrunner7431

@zlavin Thank you very much. Your English is very clear and precise. You write English better than 90% of native English speakers. Your answers are vital to the function of this forum.

-V- and zlavin like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation