1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Armory and AD: Combat Jump

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Spauracchio, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Spauracchio

Spauracchio Member

Hi all, a couple of friends were playing the mission The Armory, OSS vs TAK, and during deployment one of the Netrods ended up on the roof of the Armory after a dispersion roll. Since the roof is considered to be of infinite height, what happens to the Netrod? Since it's an IA Beacon, if it ends outside of the game area it gets destroyed, but is this the case? Or we should just position it in contact with the closest wall, on the outside? Or inside the Armory?

Ginrei likes this.
  2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

My suggestion would be to move it back along the dispersion path until it's outside the wall.

Spauracchio and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  3. Spauracchio

Spauracchio Member

While checking around I saw that in the Wiki it says:

Combat Jump and AI Beacon

If a trooper with the AI Beacon Special Skill (see Infinity Human Sphere) suffers a Dispersion while attempting to use AD: Combat Jump in its Deployment Phase, and that Dispersion takes it out of the play area, consider that trooper lost as a casualty for Retreat! and Victory Points purposes.

The point is if the roof of the Armory is a "play area" or not.

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

There is no 'roof' to the Armory. But it's 100% part of the play area, or your troopers wouldn't be able to enter it!

5. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

@Koni The question's been answered. My presence will only upset the community.

Can we lock this thread now?

Or should I post a different opinion on the topic to really heat things up first?

6. Spauracchio

Spauracchio Member

Exactly, my doubt is based on the fact that the roof itself is not a "playable area", while the Armory is. Thanks for the advice tho, I guess we'll place it in base contact with the closest wall!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation