1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Terrain in a box Kickstarter that may interest players with limited storage space

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by ZombieSashimi, Jul 25, 2021.

1. ZombieSashimi

ZombieSashimi Well-Known Member

I wanted to post this up as it was a kick starter I backed for the express purpose of having an out of the box terrain kit for Infinity. I backed it last year and received it earlier this year. I live in Japan, and space is a real problem for me, so this kit has solved my terrain problem.

I mention it now because they are making a second run of the kit and I wanted to let Infinity players know about it who might be interested.

KS link removed

If you are interested and want to see what I thought of it, you can check out my video here:

Youtubevid for KS removed

I know it isn't for everyone, and it is expensive for a terrain kit, but it was exactly what I needed to play some games of Infinity.

Just wanted to get that out there while the 2nd print campaign was going on.

#1 ZombieSashimi, Jul 25, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2021
    jherazob, xagroth, Abydog and 3 others like this.
  2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

I had seen it mentioned several times but kinda dismissed it because i lived the age of the Ikube, which i understand was the direct precursor of today's official terrain, and know the annoyance of setup and takedown of a full 4x4 table. But what you showed on the video is dramatically less painful. And interestingly, i arrived at the same conclusion of replacing the panels by a mat seconds before you mentioned it :joy:

As somebody with relatively similar storage issues (everything i have for gaming and hobby is in my room, which is small for apartment standards, and i'm already out of space (yes, also under the bed and over the closet, i'm full here! :joy:) and will have to get rid of things before i get anything bigger than blisters) i am very tempted, but just like the last KS of them i cannot back them right now as summer cuts into my income, but damn, now i really wish i could back at least the 50% pledge (and fill any gaps with random scatter over time). I wish i could get it by either late autumn or early spring when my wallet is in a better state. Oh well...

ZombieSashimi likes this.
  3. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I am afraid only partner companies or CB Kickstarter and/ or other crowdfunding platforms campaigns are allowed to be advertised in the forum.

Links removed.

4. ZombieSashimi

Glad you liked the video. Kick starters are always season dependant for those of us who don’t always have an expendable income. Literally getting Defiance and this terrain set has been the last things I have bought for a while as I cannot justify getting anything else, no matter how much I want other shinies.

5. ZombieSashimi

Apologies. Got too excited and didn’t think it through. Thank you for editing down for me.

6. Biomckill

Biomckill Well-Known Member

And this scenery, is cardboard or something more solid?

7. Wikkid Devil

Wikkid Devil Well-Known Member

Cardboard with with a support box to provide rigidity.

ZombieSashimi likes this.
  8. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Two loops of cardboard, outer is the walls, inner the roof surface. I believe plain and corrugated, respectively, so the hollow edges are not visible and it can hold weights (water bottle, ~1.5Kg?). Just in case you want to go DIY.

ZombieSashimi and jherazob like this.
  9. Biomckill

Biomckill Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info :wink:

I am not a fan of cardboard scenery, my DIY scenery is all plastic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation