1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tao Wu tactics and combos

Discussion in 'Smoke & Mirrors' started by konuhageruke, Jun 18, 2020.

1. konuhageruke

konuhageruke Well-Known Member
    Warcor

There are various characters, some better some worse.
    At this point Tao Wu is the worst possible char in my opinion.

Can someone list me some tactics and combination when this guy can ever be good?

2. Ealthril

Ealthril Well-Known Member
    Warcor

We cannot say he's the worst lol.

Taowu is full of options available for you.
    The first impact he has on the hexadome, is that your opponent will discard his hand really quickly, giving you advantage on using your own tactics while he won't have some to use...

Just put Taowu close to an opponent's char : and try to disengage, you force your opponent to discard. If your opponent wants to disengage, he discard a tactic.

You can immobilize quite easily, and put smokes also to help your allies, may I mention Lei Gong?

In his own tactics, you get a No!... if you play the standard deck, so you have 2 No! in your hand possibly. If you play wild Bill with him, you can even play 3 No! during your Match... that's incredible.

Switching opponent's initiative cards is really powerful also...

So many things to do with this little grandpa... and now he gets a super cool alt sculpt !!

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  3. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

I am with @Ealthril. We a good plan he can be a pain in the a**. ;D And Cofusion is a game winner.

Ealthril likes this.
  4. konuhageruke

Warcor

In fact the NO and COnfusion is the only thing I find appealing in him.

MOVE 3 means it hardly gets in touch to enemy - so no disengagement.
    Smoke. Ok but up to 3. And 2 blue gives very low chance to get either switch.
    2 HP makes him fragile as f. If he gets close enough to cause harm it soo easy to kill him, and loosing just 1 card to receive that is hardly a bargain if I face immobilizing.
    Skills requires at least 1 * for success. On 2 B for smoke or on BY for imm is just quite low in probability. In fact there is similar chance to get immobilize form switch. And getting general switch is less probable in active this way if ever.

I might have had a very bad rolls, but there were more than 3 games when I lost whole turn on throwing some with a single succes and no general at all. Soo many times enemies, just avoided him as immobilizg is so low on probability.

5. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

I think he is situational and then performs very well. Like defending your flag zone in Capture the Flag.

Just like Hippolyta who gives you an edge when facing an high initiative team.

6. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

Hallucination helps you a lot with movement...

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  7. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

He really comes to life when he has good support from other Smoke throwers.

Run him with Kozmo and you'll find a big difference.

Thanks to Hallucinations he can also move when Immobilized himself, or when activated out of turn, which can be a surprisingly powerful ability.

With the extent to which many players lean into Tactics Taowu can end up "tanking" quite well, as they don't want to target him and discard. They also don't get to draw when they take him out, removing some of the incentive to take him out.

Don't underestimate a ranged Immobilize, especially one with no LoF requirement. This means that he works even better with Smoke based Aristos, and isn't vulnerable to Dazzled. All in all he's one of the best answers to melee Aristos, equally shutting down Mushashi, Valkyrie or Moonchild.

And then there's his own Tactics... strong enough that you might want to run TCOMM and play three of them in one match.

Ealthril likes this.
  8. konuhageruke

Warcor

May help a little. You need ! And a * to switch and jump. There are 50% for * and 1/3 for ! On each dice. And smoke must be there first in order to jump. Without assistance this hardly works.
    And alone it works close to none since you need to palce smoke first in range up to 2 for one *. Then in another roll you need 2 * to jump and get another smoke.

I'm still not convinced.

9. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

You need Kozmo to make Taowu works really well. Kozmo places smokes. A LOT of smoke.
    And if Taowu is :G:, he can use Hallucination on himself.
    And just using Hallucination he can slingshot on the other side of the arena. Not likely to go coast to coast, but from side to centre is pretty possible.

If your opponent uses Kozmo too much, Taowu is a good deterrent. When he plays most of the game without any tactics in hands, maybe he'll change his habits.

Moreover, Taowu does not suffer from Dazzled or Immobilized states. He can use Hallucination even (BETTER!) if Immobilized, and both Paralyzing terror and the displacement effect are "no lof".

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation