1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TAK - The N4 spotlight threat. How to deal with it ?

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by LeGweg, Nov 17, 2020.

1. LeGweg

LeGweg Lucky dice roller

With the latest changes to spotlight behavior in hacking (allowing spotlight on any kind of trooper), the sectorial is more concerned about hacking than before.

With a smart missile launcher, having hackers against Aridana is still interesting. It allows much more pressure with the ARO game, and is quite dangerous against our fireteams (frontoviks and line kazaks are 1W).

No other tool has been added to the faction in N4 to answer this. Maybe we already got them ?

What I was thinking of:

- stealth: it allows to walk past most of hackers without taking the spotlight. The hackers in FT aren't affected by this.
    - parachutist / infiltration / forward deployment: let's go kill this smart missile launcher or this hacker without spending too much orders
    - camo units: cannot be AROed by hackers when under token form
    - high PHYS units: able to negate the template weapons consistently.
    - engineers: allow to recover from Targeted state

I think this will be one of the challenges to play with spotlight in N4, and all our our cheap links are badly impacted with this new ARO use.

My take is that the Spetsnaz Parachutist, Dog soldiers, Streloks and Scouts will be nice hack-hunters. Irmandinhos and Frontovik engineer are two good choices to recover from target state in midfield. What I'm afraid of is that even if we have a lot of answers, they all seems to be order-hungry compared to a classic infowar.

Do you think the Spotlight + Smart Missile launcher will be popular ?
    What units/tactics will be the most appropriate to deal with new Smart Hacking Launcher strategy ?

2. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

With the changes to spotlight my Aleph will finally have some fun with smart launchers.

3. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

The counter to hacking and guided fire is camo state. If you can keep most of your key shit under marker states you don't need to worry about someone long bombing pitchers and pandas and wrecking your shit.

Unfortunately the side effect here is you're probably better off playing vanilla in this case, more camo options to pick from and being unable to defend yourself from guided fire means Ariadnan fireteams are pretty useless anyway.

4. Lesh'

Lesh' Infinity LATVIA
    Warcor

also if you have a corpse nearby, just stay nearby, as guided has a non-optional circular impact template.

Hecaton likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation