1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Szalamandra assembly/painting

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by GHoooSTS, Jun 7, 2018.

1. GHoooSTS

GHoooSTS Well-Known Member

I'm just about to finish painting my Szalamandra and I've painted it in parts. Before I assemble it I wanted to ask if the parts need to go on in a specific order--like, if I attach the backpack first, will the arms not fit anymore?

Also, for applying a wash to very large areas like the body of the Szalamandra... do you guys have a technique? I did a wash on my Iguana's torso piece and it looks ok but it still got kinda splotchy here and there, just because of the surface area. Do you go carefully and slowly and try to section it out, or do everything at once with a technique I don't know? I'm using Nuln Oil if that matters.

Thanks!

2. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

apply wash to recesses on larger models like that, to fix it just go over it again with whatever the mid tone colour you're using is. as for assembly just make sure the gun and the arms line up properly, otherwise its going to look real wierd. The szalamandra is a fairly straight forward build.

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I use Future (erm, sorry, "Pledge With Future Shine" floor cleaner is the current brand name) to even out my washes. 4-5 drops will be plenty, then you thin the rest with water. You will still get some tinting of your base colors, but it's almost guaranteed to not puddle on flat spots.

GHoooSTS likes this.
  4. GHoooSTS

GHoooSTS Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help guys. I put mine together today and was super nervous doing it. I predictably did screw but a bit getting some glue where I didn't want it, but I can refinish that area.

I don't know why I didn't think of this, I use Future for all kinds of applications in modelling. Excellent tip, thanks!

5. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

I like ot gloss varnish before putting on Nuln Oil (specifically Gloss too). It really helps it move around to where it needs to be

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation