1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

System Override‘s Insanity

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by System_Override, Feb 1, 2019.

1. System_Override

So I spend way too much time on too many terrain projects. I figure it is time to finish some stuff this year. And why not post it to get some feedback, critique and ideas for making it better from the community? :)

To find a faction...

I got lucky today and found a spaceship model for 50% off. It needs some work : removing the hinges on the sides, glue everything together, add ladders where the hinges were so troopers can get on top, add landing „feet” , use the existing wiring (it comes with light and sound ) to add more lights, and add a window pane to the cockpit ( polystyrene and a hot air gun? Any other ideas?)

The size is nice and I like the blocky design. I think it might be a nice piece once painted. Any suggestions as to what faction might fit?

Attached Files:

2. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Overhead projector slides cut in many pieces for the glass? It should be flexible enough to fit each individual window and by doable quickly without having to go the heat gun (or even vacuum) way. The metal parts are big enough to hide the edges, and if visible from outside, just cover with strips of card inside.

3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Clear blister pack materials, they will soften enough to mold with hot water (as in, not-boiling). They're my go-to for things like sails or cockpit windows.

4. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

I had to replace the window bits from a second hand FW arvus lighter (as well as for the extension on the canopy, since I made it into a tandem 2 seater cockpit) and I used blister plastic for that. Worked well. Very careful application of superglue meant minimal fogging (the trick is to use way less than you think is necessary as it WILL spread and even 1 pinhead sized drop will cover a surprising area provided you get good mating between surfaces.

jherazob and System_Override like this.
  5. System_Override

Thanks for the advice! I will give that a try. Any thoughts on what faction to paint this one as? I find it hard to decide and would appreciate your input.

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

A crapton of guns... Druze would be a decent idea.

jherazob likes this.
  7. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Yup, Druze would be sweet.

jherazob likes this.
  8. andre61

andre61 Well-Known Member

Very Cool!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation