1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Switches that 'Target' and Hidden

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Jonah, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Jonah

Jonah Active Member

Hi all

A new player asked me a question yesterday and I'm not sure of the answer. I did look through the forum and the Wiki but couldn't find anything so apologies if I have missed it. Can Switches that state 'Target' be used against a Target that is Hidden if it is more than 1 hex away? Example:

Koorie Queen is Hidden and declares Boomerang against Eclypse who she is 3 hexes away from

Eclypse rolls dice and get a Success which she wants to use to activate her Switch to impose Marked on Koorie Queen

Is she able to do this?

I think that the answer is no because the Switch declares that it has to have a Target and Hidden states that you cannot have LoS to Targets except within 1-1 (which Koorie isn't) but I'm not 100% sure because Koorie became the Target of Eclypse's defence roll when the attack was declared.

Thanks in advance all.

2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

You had the answer:
    So, Koorie Queen becomes the Target of Eclypse when she declares her Attack. That's all. :O:Hidden State is a defensive tool. You don't get any bonus attacking while you're :O:Hidden... Well, by now...

:smiling_imp:

AdmiralJCJF and Croepoek like this.
  3. Jonah

Jonah Active Member

Great! Thanks again for the quick reply.

4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Thank you for playing Aristeia! and your concern.

:wink:

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation