1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surprisingly this list works

Discussion in 'Japanese Secessionist Army' started by GrayWolf34b, Jul 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. GrayWolf34b

GrayWolf34b New Member

JwBgzAPmIhAqBDA5hAjCApO8GwHYQ8MBCYLGAJlwIFYSwNhgA2XZvO41R4AFjeYAOElSZ0w7Blx78J7EtyazmzMsQrd0qKvgpEuw7GV391h8NzCCQwgAKoG2Vru7r

This list is tricky but i have had success with it...but im always looking for input.
    Tag──────────────────────────────────────────────────GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10 O-YOROI Lieutenant AP HMG + Heavy Flamethrower, CrazyKoalas / EXP CCW. (3 | 86) [​IMG] O-YOROI PILOT Contender / Pistol, CCW. () DAIYŌKAI Red Fury, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CC Weapon, AP CC Weapon. (1 | 49) RYŪKEN (CH: Limited Camouflage) Heavy Rocket Launcher, Antipersonnel Mines / Heavy Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 23) KEISOTSU (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10) KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (0 | 21) KEISOTSU Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17) KEISOTSU Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11) CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8) WÈIBĪNG Yaókòng Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16) SAITO TOGAN Combi Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW, Knife. (0 | 39)GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 TOKUSETSU KOHEI Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14) YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3) YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3) 6 SWC | 300 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Stupid Army Mobile glitch...

Now that I can read that list, let's see here. TAG and Daiyokai is an interesting/unusual combo, that's for sure!

It's not easy to do in JSA, but I would really try to get the Engineer and helperbots into the primary combat group, just to avoid losing two orders in my first turn.

3. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

If I had to run the TAG and Daiyokai together, I might consider something more in line with this:

Japanese Secessionist Army
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9
    O-YOROI Lieutenant AP HMG + Heavy Flamethrower, CrazyKoalas / EXP CCW. (3 | 86)
    [​IMG] O-YOROI PILOT Contender / Pistol, CCW. ()
    RYŪKEN (Forward Deployment L2, ODD) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    KEISOTSU Missile Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 14)
    KEISOTSU Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 9)
    NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5
    DAIYŌKAI Red Fury, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CC Weapon, AP CC Weapon. (1 | 49)
    PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    PANGGULING (Minesweeper, Repeater) Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    TOKUSETSU KOHEI Engineer Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    YÁOZĂO Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    CHAĪYÌ Yaókòng Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Ninja instead of Saito so that you can actually press objectives and to threaten enemy hackers. You're not going to be relying on Saito's killing power when you already have those two big guns on the table, and while smoke is nice, it's not going to carry your army on its own. If you absolutely need it, consider replacing the Ryuken with Yojimbo.

This gives you more orders to spread across your entire army, and stops your main pieces from competing with one another for them. The missile launcher isn't great in the hands of a keisotsu, but it'll give you some measure of defense in a five man, at least.

Ogid likes this.
  4. Goonhammer

Goonhammer Not associated with Goonhammer.com in any way.

I was really intrigued by this list, as it combines my unhealthy loves of both the O-Yoroi and the Daiyokai. I tweaked it a little bit to this for a recent game:

Tag
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    [​IMG]10
    O-YOROI AP HMG + Heavy Flamethrower, CrazyKoalas / EXP CCW. (2 | 86)
    [​IMG] O-YOROI PILOT Contender / Pistol, CCW. ()
    DAIYŌKAI Red Fury, Panzerfaust / Pistol, DA CC Weapon, AP CC Weapon. (1 | 49)
    KEMPEI (Multispectral Visor L2) Shock Marksman Rifle / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
    KEMPEI (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, CCW, Electric Pulse. (0 | 21)
    KEISOTSU Hacker (Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 17)
    KEISOTSU Paramedic (MediKit) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    KEISOTSU Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 9)
    YURIKO ODA Combi Rifle + E/Mitter, D-Charges, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 23)
    RYŪKEN (Forward Deployment L2, ODD) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines, D-Charges / 2 Breaker Pistols, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
    NINJA Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Tactical Bow / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 29)
    6 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

My opponent was playing Corregidor, and we were playing the mission Quadrant Control. The O-Yoroi failed to successfully sneak up on a 5 man link team, and I also forgot that said link team had a panzerfaust in it. I failed enough of the saves when the panzerfaust hit me that the O-Yoroi was unconscious within the first four orders of turn 1. The Daiyokai was killed early in my first reactive turn. I had put him in suppressive fire, but my opponent was able to maneuver Senor Massacre into the Daiyokai's blind spot and started lobbing E/M grenades at it via spec. fire. I made all my saves, but my attempts at dodging broke my suppression, and the 5 man link came around the corner of a nearby building and took down the Daiyokai quite handily with its HMG. Luckily, thanks to some unfortunate movement, most of my opponents forces were still in their own deployment zone, and I was able to gain the upper hand in points, at least initially.

At the start of my next turn, the situation was grim. I sent Yoriko to go fix the TAG, as she's awesome, and she accidentally jammed a hammer into the pilot's brain, removing the giant stompy robot from the field. Things began to look more grim.

It's ok, we are the JSA, and when in doubt, be bold. I started moving everything I had left up the field, sticking to the hardest cover I could find along the way, and laying as many mines as I possibly could. I wasn't exactly sure where the table quadrants were, so I did my best to try to get the link team evenly split across both quadrants next to my deployment zone, figuring that if I could hold those, I could keep my opponent from running away with the game.

Long story short (I know, I've been rambling on at some length already, and I'm leaving out most of the details), JSA ended up winning the game 6-2. The shock marksman rifle Kempai had several clutch shots, as did the Ryuken. My lowly Keisotsu paramedic knocked the last wound on McMurrough as he was advancing up the field to kill everything, and all in all, it was an awesome game, despite me losing my two killiest pieces early.

5. Captain Nevercrit

Captain Nevercrit Well-Known Member

Unlucky with the Panzerfaust.

I love the O-Yori and think its one of the better TAGs. Crazy Koalas are fantastic to protect from up close threats and it has something for every range band. TAGs like any armour need support however. They are big targets and surprisingly fragile. Rui Shi makes a great little buddy. As a repeater you can hack through it and that MSV stops smoke lobbing Morats jumping your big guy (not that i'm bitter about this happening).

All my factions have access to cheap hard hitters. I definitely see the merit in having a TAG and a heavy infantry such as the Daiyoka because TAGs are a huge target that will die. That way you still have a strong offensive piece.

It sounds like you were ultra aggressive and despite causalities you did an outstanding job of fulfilling the objective.

That is the way of JSA.

Goonhammer likes this.
  6. Goonhammer

Goonhammer Not associated with Goonhammer.com in any way.

I don't claim that any tactical acumen or genius player skill was the cause of victory. I got a couple of super important crits with shock weapons while my opponent was advancing, which held him back, and the aforementioned bad movement robbed him of easily claiming the quadrants on his side of the table for the first two turns (I mean, maybe he was a little frightened? I did have a Ryuken, on suppression, in cover, at the mid point of the table for most of the game, and that's a pretty strong deterrent), but yes, aggression is key, especially in a faction that has mostly short ranged weapons at their disposal. I probably could have preserved at least the O-Yoroi if I had been a bit more delicate with it, but sometimes, charging your entire army down the enemy's throat actually works out.

7. Captain Nevercrit

Captain Nevercrit Well-Known Member

Hey Infinity is about making your own luck.

That Ryuken.

If you have a problem, call Section-9

Goonhammer likes this.
  8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

You rang? :laughing::innocent:

Abrilete and Goonhammer like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation