1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supremacy's consoles : what happen if you shoot them ?

Discussion in 'ITS' started by Arkhos94, May 29, 2018.

1. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

In supremacy, objectives can be targeted and destroyed. I have some questions regarding that :

do you need to control a console to destroy it ?
    => Nothing written so I would say no but I would like a confirmation

is a console still controled if destroyed ?
    => It works like this in the grid but only because it's written in the mission. Nothing written in supremacy so I would say no but I would like a confirmation

could you hack a console if damaged ?
    => I'm not sure (but I don't see anything forbidding it)

2. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

How I would interpret this:

Do you need to control a console to destroy it ?
    No

Is a console still controlled if destroyed ?
    No

Could you hack a console if damaged ?
    No

Keep in mind that "Damaged" occurs when STR has been reduced to 0, so it is the Scenery equivalent of a trooper being Unconscious. Damaged states "While in this state, whatever functionality the Scenery Item had has no effect."

"Destroyed" is when you actually remove the Console from the game (if it's a marker). If it is actual scenery (provides cover), it stays on the board but is marked as Destroyed.

There's some weirdness when it's not a marker that is removed from the board, because logically the effects of Damaged would be included in Destroyed (meaning, functionality of this item has no effect anymore), however nowhere in Destroyed does it SAY that. In the realm of running a good game, though, this should probably be assumed to be incorporated into Destroyed.

Beyond this, @HellLois would need to make an official ruling.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation