1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suppression fire mod in other FtF rolls

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by ObviouslyDexter, Jan 17, 2018.

1. ObviouslyDexter

Suppose it's my active turn, I choose to move and throw smoke. I have an aro vs a guy in supression fire and 2 others. On my smoke roll, does the -3 for supression fire affect my roll for the other 2 dudes. Or do I compare 2 separate values on the same die for separate face to faces.

Thanks!

2. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I think you can cancel the shots from the two others using the value without the suppression mod, but you have to succeed against all attacks to place the smoke template.

chromedog and Thaddius like this.
  3. macfergusson

macfergusson Van Zant is my spirit animal.

The -3 is for rolls against the trooper in Suppression Fire.

Thaddius likes this.
  4. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

You're rolling two separate target numbers. In order to succeed against all three you have to beat all sources.

eg: smoke throwers throwing on 16 vs two who aren't in suppressive fire and 13 vs the one that is.

Your crit total also changes. You need to succeed and beat the other rolls for the template to go down.

the huanglong likes this.
  5. Icchan

Icchan Well-Known Member

A similar situation would be a Dodge against more than one trooper using a Coordinater Order in your reactive turn and part of the shots go through a low visibility zone.
    Your dodge would be -3 against the low vis shots, and straight PH without. Every roll higher than your opponent's cancels a shot as long the roll succeeds, but Dodge doesn't succeed unless you beat every roll.

6. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Minor correction to the above posts - you need to win all the rolls to be able to leave the template on the table, because it was placed when declaring the BS Attack Skill.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation