1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supportware Interactions

Discussion in 'Rules' started by scott581, Nov 30, 2020.

1. scott581

scott581 Member

One of my EVO hackers uses the program Fairy Dust: REMs, while another EVO hacker uses Controlled Jump. A Meteor Zond then deploys using Combat Jump. What happens now?

1: One of the supportware programs is cancelled, though which, I do not know.
    2: Controlled Jump only affects the Meteor Zond while it is jumping and not while it is on the table. Conversely, Fairy Dust does not affect the Zond until it is on the table.
    3: Combat Jump does NOT "target" as per the supportware cancellation rules and therefore it does not create a conflict.

2. wes-o-matic

wes-o-matic feeelthy casual

The rules seem vague on this one to me, but I had to think through it as a contingency plan for a game a couple weeks ago. I decided that I'm pretty sure that it's # 2, and the logical change-over is that the REM doesn't benefit from Fairy Dust until the end of the Order in which it arrives, so any Hacking AROs against it during the arrival Order are not subject to Fairy Dust. (In my case it was an airdropping Heavy Infantryman, not a REM, but the principle's the same.)

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

The rules actually do handle this to some extent. It even has a somewhat applicable example.
    Simply put, the Fairy Dust: REM is cancelled when you declare Controlled Jump such that it affects the Meteor Zond.

https://infinitythewiki.com/Quantronic_Combat_(Hacking)#Supportware_Programs

• A Supportware Program is automatically cancelled if the Trooper or Troop Type targeted by the Supportware is targeted by a new Supportware Program, or if the Hacker running the Program enters Isolated State or any Null States.

Example of Supportware Use and Cancellation

During their Active Turn, a Player that has two Troopers with EVO Hacking Devices on the table, declares Fairy Dust with one of them and chooses REMs as the Troop Type that will benefit from this Supportware.

For tactical reasons, they decide to spend the last Order on the other Trooper with an EVO Hacking Device to declare Enhanced Reaction on a REM located in the vanguard.

By designating a REM that was already benefitting from Fairy Dust, the new Supportware Program deactivates the Fairy Dust Program and the corresponding Token is removed from the table.​

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation