Support for the Squalo MK1!

Discussion in 'Infinity Army' started by Mantisuk, Aug 3, 2023.

1. Mantisuk

Mantisuk Well-Known Member

Making this post to show that we players want to keep the MK1 Squalo in the long term, not only does it have unique Varuna options its also the only Lt tag for Neoterran. It also fills a different role to the mk2.

Show support here and let CB know we want to keep this profile and model!

Thandar, Abydog, Daireann and 15 others like this.
  2. Exuin.exe

Exuin.exe Well-Known Member

Also let me keep my chernobog as my MK1 proxy I need it for metal gear Rex in my MGS Varuna. @Koni don't take my S7 Squalo away.

3. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

Seconded. Most wholeheartedly! Let us keep the profile even if the mini is leaving!

Daireann, burlesford and Mantisuk like this.
  4. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

As I translate all the news I can say that this change was announced a long time ago, on May 12 :
    https://infinitytheuniverse.com/blog/product-1000
    It was also tagged on 18/07 as Last Chance without a date in their store (but given the calendar it's obvious that it's leaving from at least October). And the leaks and videos said there would be a Squalo mk.2, which means no more mk.1.
    This is perhaps the only change clearly announced in advance, unlike the tohaa, usariadnais,... for which they leave the doubt of a repack hanging in the air.
    The only surprise, apart from the profile type change, is that the silhouette and size of the base have changed, and that's not really cool, because if you think the new TAG is ugly, it raises the problem that you can't proxie it.

LaughinGod likes this.
  5. The Holy Knight

The Holy Knight Well-Known Member

The non reinf. Squalo MKII is terribile for me. I really hope that CB will not remove the old Squalo.

6. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

Mk1 and Mk2 both have very different roles and I'd love to keep the option of using one or the other or even both! I own two Mk1 Squalos and they have always been my favorite TAG.

Daireann, burlesford and Gwynbleidd like this.
  7. Kaek

Kaek Well-Known Member

Wholeheartedly supported

Daireann, burlesford and Gwynbleidd like this.
  8. Mantisuk

Mantisuk Well-Known Member

models get marked for last chance all the time but "most" keep the profiles also again all that shows back then was that the model could of been a new mk1 not replaced by the mk2

chromedog, burlesford and Gwynbleidd like this.
  9. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

Profile should stay. Invalidating models purchased is just going to piss people off for little gain.

xagroth, Titus, Rabble and 4 others like this.
  10. Sealed

Sealed Member
    Warcor

Yeah I totally agree that it should stay.
    I do see a reason to have both versions, and that the MK-II would be a addition to it and not a replacement as it is two completely different tags. If it would be same size and new skills I would see a point but a new size and different loadouts feel like d

11. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Im glad Corvus Belli added it back.
    I know a couple of people who were not happy at the prospect of models they own having their rules removed wholesale.

Additionally as someone who owns a squalo MKI and multiple other TAGs. I WANT to use the models I own. Therefore I hope that CB sees fit to keep the rules in the game indefinitely.

Daireann, Rabble, burlesford and 7 others like this.
  12. Z3phyr

Z3phyr New Member

I'm also dropping in to show my support for the mk1 it's a really important piece in Varuna and it's link options really help vanilla in a way the mk2 doesn't in an edition with alot of hacking. Also it's an excellent model that I don't want to have collecting dust unable to see the table

13. burlesford

burlesford Sheet guy

I also want the Squalo to stay. For one, I'm not going to be able to fit him on a 40mm base, but more importantly, I'm using profiles I would definitely keep using together with the Mk2.

And we're not even talking about all those missed opportunities of being able to say "How dare you talk to my son like that!" :D

LeGweg, Daireann, Rabble and 5 others like this.
  14. Gromuk

Gromuk Member

I don't own a squalo but i would hate to see rules for the models i bought and painted disappear from the rules.

Kasym beg is still crying inside even if i use it as a regular kum ;)

15. archon

archon Well-Known Member

Vote for MK1 Squalo to stay in the game. I do not play it, but I fear for Guijia in advance. Already lost my painted Daofei HMG :cry: and others I also dislike making models un-wysiwig because of changes, not that I dislike changes, but Dasyu for example, why not keep a combi rifle profile so the old mini don´t get useless.

16. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Either keep it or give nca a dragoe so there's something legit I can use the s7 tag as. There's no way a mk1 can pass as a mk2 as it won't go on the right base size

17. Gwynbleidd

Gwynbleidd Non asto coram malo

I completely agree about keeping the MK1 profile. I was one of the first begging for it to be kept before we knew it was being removed. I’d love to be able to have both.

I have managed to fit my old squalo on a S6. Only just mind you. It’s kinda big… You can see my conversion in the minis thread. Point some have made is very valid though: it’s difficult to proxy it and it’s worrying for other TAGs in the S7 bracket and not just for PanO.

Let the Mk1 Squalo stay!!!

18. TAKEZO

TAKEZO Well-Known Member

Totally supporting the Squalo MK1 staying!

CB if you really want to make a S6 TAG, peoples are still waiting for another source than scammers to get their Uhlan and Tikkbalangs from!

Daireann, Rabble, infyrana and 3 others like this.
  19. Rabble

Rabble Well-Known Member

I do not own personally any Squalo MK I. But I would be extremely disappointed and pissed if for example the Lawkeeper profile was removed because the Roadbot is new, fit in the same “archetype niche” and is just competitively better in all regards. Even then, I would like to still be able to field those Judge Dreed Lookalikes if I feel like so. Even if it is just for the feelings or because I want to say “I am the Law” with attitude.

CB is doing a great job supporting their old releases by still providing rules and profiles for it. Such as with the Tohaa, Spiral Corps, Acontecimiento or Caledonia. To depart from such path and just directly remove profiles is something unfortunate and more alike to “Certain British Miniature Company” from whom a lot of us moved away because of their deprecatory and depredatory business practices.

20. UpirLihi

UpirLihi Well-Known Member

As a Nomad player, I firmly support the keeping of Squalo Mk 1. No one will gain anything from its removal from the army list and it will leave a bad taste in the players.

PS. I've also never been able to possess a Squalo and I want the chance to do so. Don't lock me out of this achievement. Nomad out.

Daireann and The Holy Knight like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation