1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Super Jump with S2 4-4 movers

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Thaddius, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Thaddius

Thaddius Well-Known Member

I'm curious about how to interpret the 4-4 super jumpers that are S2. I know this is getting pedantic but I can imagine if it flows into n4 it'll come up at events. received_765522080686278.png

Assuming the terrain piece is at minimum height of 40mm for the S2 trooper. The trooper also needs to be able to clear its own base size which is another 25mm. The terrain piece will also have a thickness but just for this mental exercise we say it's thin. The trooper can't even clear its own base with a 4 inch move which is about 101 mm (25 base +40 ascent +40 decent) 105mm. The reality being though that many terrain pieces are taller than 40mm and have some sort of thickness. So will an S2 troop be able to jump over a wall as shown I the diagram or are they doing pop-up attacks?

Lawson likes this.
  2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It seems to me at least like that jump is not possible since they can't "squeek through" and have to respect the obstacle fully as far as I can tell; the absolute minimum jump that you can't also just vault over is 40mm (wall height) + 25mm (base width) + 1mm (wall thickness) + 40mm (wall height) = 106 mm or 4.2"
    This seems weird as it'd make jumping almost only useful to bridge horizontal gaps or for miniatures with a MOV value 3x larger than their silhouette height. (You can Jump to a higher elevation, but you don't get Climb's free snap-on movements as well as risk not being able to make the movement, making Climb superior in almost (as long as you're even able to declare Climb) every way)

Maybe @ijw could fill in the gaps? Is it possible to use the squeek through mechanic that Move has while jumping?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation