1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Stuff I'd love knew players to know!" ideas?

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Chikahiro, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

Hello Aristos! So, my friends have a livestream that I've been really lucky to have been included in. Naturally, I'm playing Aristeia!

I'm thinking of throwing a "basics of Aristeia" mini-series by them to see what they think. Since all my friends are regular wargamers and HERO players, they took to the rules pretty quickly, but I know they're not exactly normal.

What are the sorts of things you'd love for new/incoming Aristeia players to know? I want to make some (to use college class naming) 99 level videos (super basic) and 101 level videos (normal basic).

2. treiral

treiral Midnight poster

Common mistakes like:
    - Switches first, action resolution later.
    - Attacker decides who goes first for switches.
    - Otherwise, underdog decides in ties and simultaneous actions/effects.
    - Actions with range need a target, this target can be enemy, ally, or obstacles.
    - Attack actions are the exception and can only be targeted to enemies and obstacles.

Roadrunner7431 likes this.
  3. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

Team Selection:
    There are no factions; Any combination of four characters is legal (unless you voluntarily play a mod that restricts choice like Zlavin Mod)
    The character specific cards (2 of 4) are added to the Tactics deck secretly
    Scenario Selection:
    Pay careful attention to the Board set-up. The new ziggurat scenarios require the flip-side (Blue side) of the board. Each scenario has its own unique set-up of the Obstacles. Pay attention of the specifics of deployment especially whether inside or adjacent.
    Building your Hand of Tactics cards:
    Before deployment, draw your Hand and seriously consider taking your Mulligan. Only then have the Underdog choose deployment zones and proceed as appropriate.
    Line of Sight:
    Ask your new players to bring their laser pointers and view the board from the top down to learn the LOS rules with vertices etc.
    Blocked Spaces and Occupied Spaces(even when occupied by your Allies) block LOS but Obstacles do not. All three could provide Cover but must be adjacent to the character hoping for Cover.

4. Kaloupilé

Kaloupilé Member

states:
    how does it work ?
    when did you apply the effect ?
    when did you remove or flip them ?

Tactics cards :
    when do you draw it ?
    When can you play it ?
    what is the conditions to play it?

5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Obstacles can be targeted and affected by abilities.

6. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

I'm loving all this, thank you!

7. Aemaru

Aemaru Well-Known Member

I thought you had to show your deck to your opponent before playing as Bostria stated in one of Aristeria video. This has been changed ?

8. der_narr

der_narr Member

@Aemaru:

"Each player has their own deck of Tactics. To build your deck, secretly choose two of each of your Character’s Tactics and shuffle them with the ten Standard Tactics to form an eighteen-card deck." (see Errata v1.4)

You never show the deck to your opponent.

9. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

The discard pile of Tactics is always available to view by your opponent so in the interest of smooth play it is good form to tell your opponent which cards that you put into your hand from the discard pile if you play a Tactic that allows for such a play.

der_narr likes this.
  10. Aemaru

Aemaru Well-Known Member

ok ! seems more logical :)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation