1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strompost Alpha layout

Discussion in 'Scenery' started by BaronVonZorcula, Jun 4, 2018.

1. BaronVonZorcula

BaronVonZorcula Ikari Warrior

Hi all, my Strompost Alpha layout. Could I please get some opinions on the arrangement and concentration of terrain?

https://imgur.com/a/C441v1a

2. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

It certainly looks very cool and thematic. All the terrain looks nice and well tied together.

However, I'm seeing a lot of lanes that go from table edge to opposite table edge, on both axes. Try to avoid having more than one, if any of those. It's also important to include some terrain on the edge of the table itself. That way, Parachutists and users of Airborne Infiltration aren't in line of sight of everything for three orders, it gives the table more play area and makes it so that a single flanker can't fire down along an entire deployment zone.

The two raised buildings offer little, if any deployment zone protection at ground level for the player who's perspective it is in the first picture.

With the type of corners you have on those buildings it's going to be very difficult to take decent cover while advancing without exposing yourself to a wide angle of your opponent's potential fire lanes (which I don't terribly mind on it's own, but is something to think about). You can probably remedy this a little with some more scatter terrain, which I would say the table is in dire need of regardless.

3. BaronVonZorcula

BaronVonZorcula Ikari Warrior

Thanks very much for the detailed feedback!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation