1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State timing

Discussion in 'Rules' started by SushiYumTumz, Sep 7, 2018.

1. SushiYumTumz

SushiYumTumz New Member

If i attack Maximus and he taunts me durring my turn is that taunt disapearing at the end of my turn as usual?

2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Yes. During States Step, you'll flip all tokens red side to blue side. So the one Maximus imposed you when you attacked him.

3. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

BTW, it is a limit case but could happens...

Can a model be taunted by more than one enemy characters?
    Does a second Taunt take the place of the first one?

4. SushiYumTumz

SushiYumTumz New Member

My guess would be now the attacker can choose

5. Roadrunner7431

Roadrunner7431 Well-Known Member

Although:
    • A Target cannot be under the influence of two or more instances of the same State, unless otherwise stated by the State rules. If a Target would be given a State they already have a token for, remove the first State token and add the new one, red-side up.

I would say that "Taunted by Maximus" and "Taunted by Massacre" are essentially different states so that indeed a character can be Taunted by more than one character.

6. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

No, it is the same State even if it is from different characters. So when you got the second taunted you remove the first one becouse of the State rules.

-V- likes this.
  7. Roadrunner7431

Who am I to challenge the word of @zlavin who is de facto the "Cardinal of the Aristeia! Vatican", who interprets Canon Law. I sincerely mean no disrespect. I would say that requiring a new Taunted State to remove a previously Taunted State makes Eclypse's Moon Cycle all the more powerful because she can then flip the Taunted state to inactive at the cost of merely one Action point and taking the punch out of her sister Prysm not to mention Massacre or Maximus.

8. rag1n

rag1n Well-Known Member
    Aristeia! Warcor

Functionally being taunted by 2 characters makes no sense.

One taunt state forces you to only attack that person so having 2 would mean that you cannot attack at all. Effectively being a disarm which is something that taunt is not

9. Roadrunner7431

TAUNTED

Characters affected by this State can only choose the Character that provoked it as the Target for their Attacks.

• Taunted tokens also help keep track of the Character that provoked the State.

• Should the Character that provoked the State enter the Infirmary, remove the token immediately.