1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting Infinity

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Pander22, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Pander22

Pander22 Well-Known Member

Well hello there!

So once I get some more paint on and get my tokens in I will be heading to my local for a few games and thought I would post up some lists for some feedback before I start diving into local tournaments, the narrative campaigns and also starting getting more involved with the community as well.

Now I really like the camo rules and tags/remotes so these are two lists I have been floating around with,

The idea here is to have immediate control of the mid field and deal with the objectives there while the rems and tags start hammering away at stuff I know they can kill stuff like MSV I can easily place a repeater in their lane and drop some white noise then gun fight anything else sally should deal with

Now I am not 100% sure on the reaktion zond and was tempted on replacing him with a lunukhod with flamethrower for dealing with other ODD another repeater and more crazies, I will probably go ahead with this as dealing with a reaktion zond seems easier to me then a lunokhod but it does make me feel a little light on heavy weapons.

[​IMG] Mechanical Ghostyard
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    [​IMG] ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] ZERO (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    [​IMG] CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    [​IMG] ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    [​IMG] REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    [​IMG] TSYKLON Spitfire, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 31)
    [​IMG] BANDIT (Forward Observer) Light Shotgun, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] SZALAMANDRA Hyper-rapid Magnetic Cannon, Heavy Flamethrower / . (2 | 90)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] SZALAMANDRA PILOT Contender / Pistol, Knife. ()

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The next a more traditional smoke list

This one is just more of a shooter for Camo or ODD heavy lists

[​IMG] Mechanical Smokes

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    [​IMG] ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    [​IMG] LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 24)
    [​IMG] INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)
    [​IMG] LUPE BALBOA Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Panzerfaust, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 23)
    [​IMG] JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I have plenty of time to pick up and paint new models if something is missing for a tournament setting.

Thanks for the help!

2. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

To be honest you lack ARO and have to many things to put orders in.

I did a similar list:

[​IMG] Nomads

[​IMG]10
    [​IMG] INTERVENTOR Hacker (Killer Device Plus UPGRADE: Lightning) Boarding Shotgun, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    [​IMG] ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Heavy Flamethrower, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 25)

6 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

#2 HarlequinOfDeath, Feb 27, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    Pander22 likes this.
  3. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

And something a good player said to me:

The problem with Limited Insertion is that there are factions which are designed to work with 10 orders (PanO, Aleph, CA) and for some factions it's just suboptimal (Haq, Ariadna, Nomads). It can work but you are missing the highly efficient units wich PanO or CA has.

PanO has Swiss Guard, Cutter or Tikbalang, which can clear everything in active turn and provide AROs at the same time since they are highly resilient. Nomads and Ariadna don't work like that. You have to support your units via Warbands and Infiltrators which is less efficient in comparison to just shoot everything to death which is in the way. So they need more orders.

Pander22 likes this.
  4. Rubberpiggy

Rubberpiggy Well-Known Member

Tr bots and Lunos fill entirely different niches for me, so I struggle with a direct comparison. They actually complement each other very well, the luno being more about board control and close combat and the tr bot with climbing plus and markmanship can exploit angles that your opponent didn’t realise were there. One thing to be mindful about is the big ole butt on the Luno. It can be tricky to keep safe on your reactive turn due to the large base.

Also, as Harlequin said, I’d suggest using the cheap troops available to Nomads to fuel a few heavy hitters and screen against alpha strikes and warbands.

That being said, I’ve done OK with Nomads in limited insertion, using a similar list as yours. Szally is a blast.

Pander22 likes this.
  5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Unless there's a lot of money on the line I wouldn't worry too much about breaking 10 orders. You can always try it and change after.

Pander22, xagroth and WolfofWinter like this.
  6. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

I like the second list better. The first one crowds the mid-field too much... it's easy to do with Nomads. I find I've generally got about three decent spots in the midfield for infiltrator models. In your list, it would be like this:

Bandit takes the best spot (ofc)
    Morans take the other two decent spots (to control midfield)
    Zeroes are confused and have nowhere useful to go.

I think for LI I'd look for more wounds/armor. A gecko, a taskmaster, something like that. As it stands right now, you're one unlucky panzerfaust away from having to play the rest of the game with combi rifles.

Rubberpiggy, Pander22 and loricus like this.
  7. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Yeah this was a useful discovery for me. I usually don't go over 2 Infiltrators unless I have a lot of orders. If you have a lot it can be worth it just to free up DZ room though.

I usually play with 13-14 orders, with 1-2 AD and 1-2 Infiltrators. This gives me a lot of deployment room with only 10-11 guys (inc. Fireteam) to deploy. AD doesn't take Infiltrator estate either.

Guys who overflow past the good deployment spots can be caught out and removed much more easily, or get deployed so they can't really become useful. Especially if you want initiative and lose the good deployment side.

Rubberpiggy, Pander22 and helsbecter like this.
  8. helsbecter

helsbecter Ultrademocratic subSenator, #dominion Module

I agree 100%, the hardest part of Infinity* is deployment and so many problems are self-inflicted during list building.

*besides post-humans

9. Rubberpiggy

Rubberpiggy Well-Known Member

In all fairness, some of the issues with post- humans are actually also deployment-related.

10. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

So, I finally had time to create the list in the army builder. See above.

The plan is to have some midfield control with repeaters to stop HI and TAGs as well as with Mines and Koalas.

The built-in repeaters give you some safety from turn one on, as well the TR drones who stop run-through alphastrikes.

Apart from that your Szally will be your number one damage dealer. But even if your TAG fails you will have a good damage support with the TR drones and the Lunokhod with Climbing Plus.

The Lunokhod can be switched to an Überfallkommando as well if you want to alphastrike yourself. I like the template though against ODD and Tohaa.

The KHD helps you against enemy hacking and can protect the HD+ in missions like Transmission Matrix. The HD+ job is to buff your REMs and hack enemy TAGs, HI, REMs. etc.

Pander22 likes this.
  11. Tom McTrouble

Tom McTrouble Well-Known Member

@Pander22 are your local events limited insertion or are these the models you are working with and trying to make a list? If the events aren't LI and you have the models, I would try to get your lists up to 14 orders.

Pander22 likes this.
  12. Pander22

Pander22 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies everyone this is all super helpful, I had a practice game at 200 points the other day and the issue I had was in deed crowded deployment.

The list i brought then was around 8 orders with intruder hmg, two jaguars, reaktion zond, tyskylon spitfire, interventor and some other cheap order fillers

The problem I was having was it was SO open with about 2 large pieces of terrain in my deployment zone with some small scatter in the centre and 2 medium peices of terrain on the centre flanks with only really 4 places to put models in cover for aros. so I had to stack everything behind cover cramped in and of course the pano player had a missile launcher and he killed my LT that I had a little close to an aro piece. i was up against a link team of knights with impetuous and a missile launcher. I had nothing to really chew through them and they charged up into the midfield and hunkered down. they were so strong in the reaction phase because all of them could see me because of how open the field was.

I manged to kill the father knight with the tysklon and one other knight but that was pretty much it (really fun game and opponent though)

Things I have learned about my local is not too much terrain and they like HI link teams from some of the games I saw but obviously going more often will give me a better idea of the meta and may not be for all players/terrain on show ofc.

The fire lanes were really open from the games I have seen on you tube etc.

@Tom McTrouble I have around 20ish models (A few aleph models I am using for nomdas as I love the models) What i have is

1 x Szally
    Nomad vanilla starter box (the thee aguacils are being converted into moran and a clockmaker with some green stuff)
    2 x zeros 1 with multi sniper (these are nagas)
    1 xCustodier
    1 x danavas hacker (interventor)
    1 x prowler
    1 x spec ops
    1 x hellcat
    1 x bandit
    1 x speckter (dasyus hacker)
    1 x myrimdon officer (the start of my aleph army)
    around 6 rems (4 of these are converstions from anvil industries 2 regular remotes)
    http://anvilindustry.co.uk/Warden-Mech?search=warden

These are in the process of conversion and getting bigger base size and weapons etc

The folk at my local really love conversions and the theme I Have been going for is Nomads behind aleph lines so using their equipment and weapons etc

I really liked the limited insertion because of not stripping two orders from a order pool that is what always throws me off about 14ish order lists worrying a certain model wont have enough orders to get the job done where with that list I can hide pretty much everything and be near objectives at the same time with maybe only 2 more orders that might not even be in the right pool.

Again thanks for the help guys!

Rubberpiggy likes this.
  13. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Intruders act as my check for keeping people from making too open boards. Arguably the strongest thing about smoke+msv2 is that only the person you shoot at can shoot back, so if they have a ton of ARO stuff you get to pick them off one by one.

Rubberpiggy and T. Rex Pushups like this.
  14. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

I wouldn't be concerned that your 2nd combat group will be out of orders.

Consider building two equal groups or just put gapfillers, ARO and support into the 2nd: TR drones, Smoke support, Doc, Engineer, Baggage Bots etc.

There was a thread about what to buy as Nomad player: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/new-guy-questions.1923/

Maybe you find some start there. I would advice you to play often and find your own playstyle as well.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation