1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarCo proxies

Discussion in 'StarCo' started by wildchevy, Mar 19, 2018.

1. wildchevy

wildchevy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

For those unreleased units listed under StarCo, what are you planning to use as proxy?

Luisjoey likes this.
  2. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Lets see Raoul's profile first!

Luisjoey and colbrook like this.
  3. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

I can give you a general overview over my proxies for StarCo, but unreleased are just Brawlers and Raoul with a Brawler coming with the Uprising Book, so it is really just Raoul (I will proxy him with a Spektr, of course) ☺

xagroth likes this.
  4. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

My proxy plans:

ABH -> Emily (conversion)
    RV Yuan-Yuan -> Raoul (conversion)
    Druze Hacker -> Brawler Hacker
    Lunah (Aristeia metal) -> Brawler Sniper
    Rosie -> Brawler HRL
    Alguacil (Icestorm) -> Uhahu
    Morlock -> Irmandinho
    Grenzer (Icestorm) -> Cateran
    Spektr (Icestorm) -> Al Hawwa
    Sin Eater -> Brigada
    Danavas -> CSU
    Neoterra Exec -> CSU

Still need to figure out a Hardcase... maybe the official model with a head swap?
    I'd use the Red Veil Ninja except I need it as a Ninja...

#4 Leviathan, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    hydra, wildchevy and Luisjoey like this.
  5. Raghart

Raghart Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Apart from Brawlers and Raoul, everything is in the market. Not knowing Raoul, i'm waiting to at least see his profile before thinking, but have some other proxies/conversions on queue for the sectorial:

As Irmandinho: Domovoi (Using moriarty as his Zondcat probably, because ... well, you will see :D)
    As Cateran : Jethro
    As Hardcase : Planning a conversion of a Jaguar, involving a hood, a bow, and green colours. Not very high priority as i'm not very fond of hardcases.
    As CSU: "Roleplaying game" Panoceanian and Nomad characters (Alternative version of current HVT blisters) and also the HVT from the Dire Foes 6: Dire Truth
    As Brawlers: Ryuken 9 units (both of them), and probably a Hassassin Govad

Everything else already on posession :D.(just... some paintwork pending... )

Golem2God and Leviathan like this.
  6. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Those are some awesome ideas :D

Golem2God and Luisjoey like this.
  7. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

Ok some alternatives might use:

Khawarij as Avicianna
    Konstantinos as either Irmandinho or Bandit
    Zondcat as his Zondbot
    Senor M either as himself or a second Bandit
    Spektr as Al Hawwa
    Custodier as Uhahuh
    Celestial Guard Sniper as Brawler Sniper
    Keisotsus as Brawlers
    Indigo as Emily
    Guilang might make a good Raoul, cause he can represent pretty much anything except HI.

8. wildchevy

wildchevy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Cateran = Jethro
    Rosie = Irmandinho
    Still wondering about brawlers.

9. kesharq

kesharq Lucky Dice-Roller

Right now I will use most of my already owned modells from Nomads/ISS for StarCo. I will definetely not buy any new modells as I am far behind my schedule in painting right now :)

Raoul = Spektr Combi-Rifle (As I have plenty of them still not painted)
    Brawlers = Kaplan
    Irmandinho = Domovoi
    Emily = Brawler from Uprising PreOrder (sold off the Emily-fig from "Outrage" because I do not like it)
    Knauf = Jethro
    Avicenna = Gata from Aristeia (metall edition) - also my generic Daktari if I need one
    Cateran = Major Lunah from Aristeia (metall edition) or Grenzer - haven't decided yet
    Hardcases = Ninja Tac-Bow from RedVeil
    Mobile Brigada = old WuMing (as I do not own any Mobile Brigadas and do not like the new ones)
    Zonds = Yaokongs (my REM-favorite) - I use them for Corregidor/Nomads Vanilla also
    Salyut = Kameel (looks better)
    Alguacil = 2 SpecOps, Midnight Sun Analyst as Hacker, several ABH (from N3, O:IS beyond with the 2 Pistols & the guy with the CombiRifle) - I do not like new or old Alguacil sculpts so I use these ragged assortment of modells as my Alguacils.
    CSU = Wild Bill from Aristeia (metall edition) & the CSU from RedVeil beyond
    Al'Hawwa = Spektr Boarding Shotgun
    Jaguars = Beba & some real Jaguars
    Anaconda = Scarface TAG
    Clockmaker = old Zoe

Hm, seems the only available options I do NOT proxy are Riot Grrls, 2 Jaguars, Tsyklon, Lunokhod and Bandits.... :)

Golem2God likes this.
  10. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I will do some conversions.. But I will wait for the book first:

Brawlers: jethro as sniper brawler, and ghulams with cloacks, maibe I will convert some of the armor too

Irmandinho: I'm thinking to start with dovomoi, but not completely sure about it. He is a bit too big

Cateran: no idea here. Still thinking off

Hardcase: I like the mini so I will use it ñ, only changing its head. No cowboy hat! While I get the mini, I'll use any sniper on my box.

Al'hawa: I like the oficial mini, so will get it as is. No change. While I get it, i think i will use a zero

Raoul... No idea here. Maybe is a s5 IP, maybe is an special spectr (so a TO), maybe he is some type of warband... There are too many options (and I doubt that he will be moonknight, CB will not copy so bluntly, even infinity's Kusanagi is more based on Vampi than Motoko

For the other profiles I have all the minis, but maybe there will be more conversions. I'm thinking of doing a jaguar female groups based on Vampi, Gally/Alita, Motoko and not decided on the 4th one, maybe Saya

Golem2God and wildchevy like this.
  11. Lothair

Lothair Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'll just proxy the Cateran with Jethro as I don't like the Ariadnan model. Besides that it all depends on Raoul's profile - I have no idea if he is supposed to be a LI, MI, HI, Knight or whatever.

12. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

Have you seen the new JSA biker, Morlocks, Senor Massacre....

I'll be picking up the Outrage box. Between that and the Nomads side of Icestorm and my Bakunin stuff I think I will be set for a bit.

Pierzasty likes this.
  13. Armihaul

You can go to the beggining of infinity and you will find some "tribute" even from the first miniatures (the oldest I can remember is the sky captain and the world of tomorrow's securitate), but the new kuroshi rider is not called Celty, or the moderators are not guardians of anything. If they copy aesthetics and also name of a character they can be sued more easily than if they only copy name OR aesthetics. That's why I don't think we will see a moonknight bur rather something different

DukeofEarl likes this.
  14. DukeofEarl

I'm not expecting the sculpt to look like Moon Knight only the profile to be influenced by him.

They aren't copying the whole name either, just the last one and using a unit icon that hints at it too.

Can't wait to see what happens either way

15. Armihaul

Raoul is also a name of one of his villains...

16. DukeofEarl

The guy who left Marc to die and instigated his becoming Moon Knight yeah.

17. prophet of doom

prophet of doom Well-Known Member

As player of both Nomads and Ariadna, I got almost everything! i will probably get Avicienna, and will maybe use Isobel McGregor until I have her.

I could probably use Moblots or even Line Kazaks for Brawlers.

I have all those bounty hunters that I can use as CSU in case I really need them. That should work. Or maybe I have to use them as bounty hunters?

Golem2God likes this.
  18. blackyujiro

blackyujiro Member

Decided that since we don't have info on when we'll get Spector's mini, I started to convert my own. Once I get my copy of Uprising,if there's art of him in the book, this may change. But, for now...
    20180325_190715.jpg

Savnock, kesharq, Golem2God and 3 others like this.
  19. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

I'm doing something simple with mine... i just took the red veil Yuan-Yuan, removed the tactical junk and modified the legs so he's standing up straight, and will give him a Hellcat backpack.

Golem2God likes this.
  20. osoi

osoi Well-Known Member

I'm using the boarding shotgun LE bounty hunter and replacing his backpack with an Akilas jumppack

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation