1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarCo color schemes

Discussion in 'StarCo' started by wildchevy, Apr 9, 2018.

1. wildchevy

wildchevy Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Still waiting for the new book to arrive so I can read more about the background of StarCo and hopefully see something of a color scheme. Are you guys going to paint/repaint your minis in a StarCo scheme or leave them to match their home factions?

If you have something already painted or in the works, please post those pictures too.

2. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I already didn't use studio colors for most guys so I don't think I need to. I'll probably do a Brigada MULTI matching Anaconda because I have a spare. Alguacilles Paramedic and Multi Sniper Rifle.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jassal2.0 and wildchevy like this.
  3. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

only color schemes in the book are for JSA

wildchevy and the huanglong like this.
  4. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Dunno how I am going to tie them together tbh

Probably using the same bases for everyone, and with a common colour of red as decals, maybe iconography etc, just as a flash of colour which identifies them as StarCo. I already do that with my Nomads so adding it to Brawlers and such when they come out shouldn't be a problem.

McNamara likes this.
  5. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I'm going to focus on a red and white color scheme for them, so they look like happier, friendlier Corregidor.

Jassal2.0, wildchevy and loricus like this.
  6. ErrantVenture

ErrantVenture Member

My line stuff I am just keeping in my nomads color scheme but the rest I am intentionally making a kinda motly crew with the idea that everyone just uses what they are comfortable with even though they are working together. I wanted to get away from it being too unified a color scheme because it felt too much like issued uniforms otherwise.

McNamara likes this.
  7. wendigo

wendigo Nomad Artichoke

I was going to do everyone new up red and gray like the rest of my nomads and it occurred to me how tired i am of painting those colors over and over. I am going to do them all up like the army they came from. God forbid I actually paint a model blue for once.

loricus and wildchevy like this.
  8. McNamara

McNamara Merc Rep

If I would do a proper StarCo, I would probably do each Merc in a unique set of colors and tie them together with a red section. Like all the helmets or shoulder pads in red, so basically like most people suggested already.

chromedog likes this.
  9. sarf

sarf Well-Known Member

Nice idea. I`m doing similar for Bakunin Riot Grrls, each in own colors but one blue shoulder pad and mostly blue weapons.

10. Tristan228

Tristan228 Bakunin's best Morlock trainer
    Warcor

I'm going to keep the scheme for all my existing and future Nomad units whilst the CSUs, Knauf an Emily retain their PanO (Neoterra) scheme. All other troops will be used to connect both schemes due to including the core colours of my Nomads and PanO schemes. Also EVERY Troop with Mimetism/Camo will get a proper camo pattern treatment.

11. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

I'm gonna base my starco scheme on my Anaconda, which I painted ages back over many many hours. It's mostly white and blue with red and black detailing (was going for a FRRM police vehicle look).
    So, that, maybe with more focus on the red and black, saving the blues and whites for heavy armour plating.

Golem2God, wildchevy and loricus like this.
  12. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

We'll need to do an Anaconda paintjob thread some time. Maybe in NA general forum.

wildchevy likes this.
  13. Armihaul

Armihaul Well-Known Member

I will paint the nomad part the dame scheme as my nomads, mostly red with some turquoise. The mercenary part will have red but also some urban camouflage, the same with the bandits (I'm thinking on swapping all my camo troops to that, but there is too much to paint before that) [​IMG]
    BTW, this is still a WIP

wildchevy and loricus like this.
  14. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

A variation on this:[​IMG]

ETEA, Modock, theradrussian and 8 others like this.
  15. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Probably just an armband or shoulder patch.

inane.imp likes this.
  16. MikeS1173

MikeS1173 Well-Known Member

I've been having a lot of fun theory-crafting with online color wheels.

I am leaning teal, cream, and a desaturated brick red. I see starco as having a squeaky clean image to maintain and so lots of spiffy uniforms. "Oh not, we're totally not Corregador, look, no red."

My problem so far on a test piece is that Turquise (Vallajo Game Color) + White goes to a pale blue instead of Teal, so the model looks Pan-O-ish by accident.

I've addressed this this in two ways. First, I am not increasing the value (brightness) with white but instead yellow. I use a VGM Dead flesh, a sort of olive yellow, to make a dull hightlight for cloth and a brigher yellow (pale sand or livery green) for hard-edged camo.

But so far, my models are all in Acetone right now, so it is all theory.

17. LunarSol

LunarSol Well-Known Member

I painted up Valeria in red for my CJC and I'll probably do something similar here. I want to finish up the Nomad portions of my StarCo first (mostly played CJC/Vanilla and was JUST branching into Bakkunin) and then decide how the other guys best fit in. Emily is probably the hardest decision since she could either go red to fit with Aquaciles or white to go with Riot Grrls. I'll probably go with the former since I had already planned to do Avicenna in white for Bakkunin.

18. stargorger

stargorger Well-Known Member

I'm leaning towards painting them more or less to match Raoul's color scheme (whatever that ends up being), but of course until we see him as a model... >.<

Until then...I guess I'm not painting them. Kind of disappointed that the book doesnt include any sort of pics for a scheme or, as far as I can tell, a description of one.

I suppose the most logical answer would be that they all sort of have a mismatch of colors dependent on whatever faction they come from, as some have said, but I'd really like to figure out a unified scheme for them...

19. mittenninja

mittenninja Invincibles NCO

IMG_20180302_130740.jpg
    I'm using my Nomad scheme as the basis for everything in my StarCo. All the Nomad units will follow this scheme while all non Nomad models will have slight variances.
    IMG_20180402_122836.jpg
    IMG_20180423_234217.jpg

#19 mittenninja, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  20. stargorger

stargorger Well-Known Member

Did your Emily have annoying flashing on her inner left arm lol? Nice colors!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation