1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spotlight / Targeting a holoecho

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Kennedy4321, Jul 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kennedy4321

Kennedy4321 New Member

Hi folks, hoping you can help me with this one.

Bashi bazouk with holoprojector with two holoechoes - opposing player tries to spotlight one of the holoechoes with the aim of having it targeted to he can guided fire the following order and blast all three.

Can the holoecho be put into targetted state? Can't see a rule explicitly forbidding this since it states they get cancelled by an attack that requires an ARM/BTS roll (which doesn't happen with spotlight)

Apologies if this is a duplicate question, I've had a search of the forums without luck!

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think as has been concluded with mines and mission objectives being put into Targeted State previously; Targeted has no real effect on a Holoecho because it is not a Trooper.

3. Kennedy4321

Kennedy4321 New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Taking that forward, would you say the holoecho is cancelled with a successful spotlight? If not, do we share that it is impossible for that marker to be placed in targetted state? (in which case opponent is aware it's a holoecho but the marker remains?)

4. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

No it's not cancelled, because as you note the Holoecho doesn't have any of the cancellation clause' triggered, but your opponent will know it's a Holoecho when you don't make a Guts Roll.
    Now, if your opponent isn't paying attention to the Guts Roll mechanic, I don't know how that works mechanically with declaring the Guided ammo attack, that is to say whether the information that your opponent is unable to declare Guided against the target is available before or after they declare the BS Attack.

To re-iterate, this is information derived from consensus and previous answers relating to The Grid ITS mission. I don't think, and I can't find, that it has been discussed in context of Guided ammo, but Guided ammo are Anti-Material and The Grid had destructible Antennas that first had to be Targeted, so it should have come up that those Antennas were targetable by Guided ammo and as far as I know, it hasn't.

5. Kennedy4321

Kennedy4321 New Member

Gotcha, thanks so much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation