1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spoiled info on spanish podcast ORA Crítika

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Joametz, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Joametz

Joametz Chinese Empire in Space enthusiast

I just listened to the ORA Crítika podcast by @Sibelius and wanted to give some news about the State Empire troops (mostly regarding IA) for those of you non-spanish speakers here (although if you do speak spanish, I highly recommend listening to the podcast, it's really fucking good) Thumbs up to @HellLois for being a part of it and sharing some info:

• Haidao, Shang Ji, Son Bae and Pangguling FTO are Wildcards
    • Yan Huo FTO will probably be the Multi HMG option
    • Shang Ji have Tactical Sense (irregular order that can be used to activate a Fireteam if the trooper is the link leader)
    • Comment about Daoyings being the "grey matter of the IA"
    • NCO allows you to spend Lt. order to activate a Fireteam if the trooper is a part of it (doesn't need to be the leader and the Lt. doesn't need to be in the same combat group as the NCO)
    • NCO Zuyong Character obviously counts as a Zuyong for Fireteam composition

That's all I can remember, besides the information about Explode LX that it's being discussed in another thread.

I wanna try this sectorial so badly...

Listen to the podcast HERE

2. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

That's a neat sum-up. Thanks for noticing. Good job listening to it. ;)

3. Joametz

The idea of having a single combat group with 16 orders really makes my giggle (4 Tactical Sense Shang Ji + NCO + Lt. 2 troop). Of course that'd be only possible if the costs are low enough but still... *Giggles*

Thandar and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  4. Joametz

My pleasure, m8. Really enjoyed it. Although not as much as I would enjoy forming a Fireteam with 5 diferent units thanks to having 4 wildcards, lol.

-Ghost- and ObviousGray like this.
  5. ObviousGray

Sadly, it looks like only one WC in one links.. I'll get to see it when the book comes out.

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Depends on whether all Shang Ji get TacSense or just a specific profile does...

Because right now it's looking like the Zuyong Character in a link with 4x mixed Shang Ji and someone with LT2 is going to run ~240pts. Add 2x Weibing REMs and a couple 8pt bots (say, 1x repeaterbot and 1x baggagebot)...

Joametz and Kallas like this.
  7. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

Sorry, but what is FTO?

8. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Fire Team Operator or some such. Designation used to limit fireteam membership inside a unit entry.

zapp likes this.
  9. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Qucik, we need to apricitate those new things!

#9 eciu, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well or work with a fireteam like new Machinist for ASA or SuperJump FO drone for Tunguska.

11. Furiat

Furiat Mandarin

You know that comments like these don't bring anything to discussion and only make this subforum more salty.

After the podcast my IA excitement status changed from "nah whatever" to "limited insertion can be fun". We'll have to wait to see other profiles to make statements that IA is shit it not. Explode lx makes me kinda sad. Marksmanship lx on the other hand is now a viable option to consider.

#11 Furiat, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
    Berjiz, Kallas and eciu like this.
  12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yea, sorry.

13. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well 16 orders pool with single combat group is actually terryfying to face when you realize you cannot use CT to impose "-2 regular orders" ..... you don't need LI to be competetive with it.

Furiat and Abrilete like this.
  14. ObviousGray

One thing after I heard about MSLx and Daoying got its MSR option..

MSLx Daoying, anyone?

15. Shinen

Shinen Well-Known Member

Im not sure if a 16 order LI IA list will be valid because it would mean that you need Tactical Sense on every desired loadout, LT L2 will not be on every LT and NCO will also be sparse. 12-14 "usable" orders is more realistic i think.

16. Teslarod

Teslarod when in doubt, Yeet

Wonder why no one seems to notice that we're getting one more Sectorial than we were supposed to this year. Take a guess which one is getting a premature release.
    Considering the amount of previews and renders I wonder which Sectorial is getting released ahead of (sculpting) schedule... /sarcasm

... just gonna leave the prediction that was a mistake. The forums will be full of yelling and screaming because I don't expect the bulk of IA models to hit till like ... March. Heck Tunguska is still missing a lot of stuff.

At this point I have zero confidence the same people that still complain about Uprising can or want to be satisfied by anything. Apart from being out of touch with reality to begin with, I wonder if they could even could come up with precise demands what they actually want to achieve.
    Honestly, this subforum is a fucking disgrace for its players and the entire hobby.

#16 Teslarod, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  17. Joametz

I think even if we are looking at 13-14 order pools for a single combat group, it's sounds great. My experience running the Wu Ming Core with Sun Tze in ISS is really positive (11 orders) and this sounds like an upgraded version of that.

18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Depends on what you count as the release - is it the models or the rules? And is it because of outcry or because they had the book slated for a release slot this fall and it'd be basically impossible to cut IA out of it?

I'm fairly sure they still count IA as being released early next year when the starter or 300 box is released.

Kallas and Joametz like this.
  19. SpectralOwl

I'm just over the moon that the links are so versatile, and the command rules so strong, that a well-built list could operate at around 8-10 models on the field and not suffer from order starvation to a severe degree. I'm not too annoyed about the model release schedule; if the writing team is faster then the sculptors but can still get their job done, that's fine, it's why the proxy rules are so generous.

Jonno and Section9 like this.
  20. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

By the look of it, it seems the order issue for a mostly HI force has been dealt with. We could probably go for 9 or 8 regular models and still have enough orders to work properly. It's also kind of awesome that this sectorial confirms Yu-jings superiority when it comes to lieutenant and the whole command chain: If aleph has all the famous poster-boy heroes, Yu-jing is the anonymous badass faction. Which means there is only two more issues to adress:

- Hacking: Tinbots are nice, but having played a Wu-ming link on transmission matrix against hacker-heavy comp before i assure you it won't be enough, because even at -9 taking 3 or 4 hacking ARO everytime you move in a repeater is just unbearable. Note that it's also a concern for our remotes too.
    We might have to rely heavily on assassination, either with a khd or a zhencha/Liu-xing.

- DZ defense: A Yan-huo NDML or a linked zuyong ML can somewhat keep some threats at bay, but they're not invincible (pun intended) and they will have a really hard time stopping some of the big boys like a sphinx, swiss guard, achilles, or just the new montessa tikbalang (awesome TAG btw, always loved him and it gots better, struggling to not start MO right now) from storming our DZ early on. Impersonnators will be a real pain in the ass too. I feel like we'll need a tons of remotes to keep our HIs safe, Chayi and Lu-duan with an evo hacker to overclock are top candidate.
    It sounds a lot like how pano has to do it, especially MO, though we don't have the awesome TO camo order sergeant for mine and sniper support.

#20 Sedral, Nov 13, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Ayadan, Shiwen and Section9 like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation