1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Specifics of the different packs

Discussion in 'ITS' started by Herr Hörn, Jan 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Herr Hörn

Herr Hörn Well-Known Member

Alright, so I've been trying to find information about this but its fairly hard.

So, I just managed to get my regular gaming group to start Infinity. There's 4 of us and we've all dived right in. 2 of us already knew the rules from before, so that's no issue.

Now, with the Backdoor event up I thought it would be fun to organize a friendly tournament between us, for some good serious fun, and I've been looking at the packs trying to figure out which is the most well-suited.

There's the one-shots which I could buy a few, but readinf around on the forums makes it seem like they don't *really* count towards Backdoor.

I could buy a tournament pack (virtual or otherwise), but for a tournament, how many rounds do you get? Does the tournament need to follow a specific system (for example, winner faces winner, or everyone plays against everyone and then count points).
    Does all rounds have to be played on the same day, or could you split them up over two or three weekends?

The league packs are exclusively for escalation leagues... Right?

Do you have to be a warcor to organize tournaments?

Anyone else have any advice or such for organizing a simple ITS tournament between a small group of friends? Someone who has done it before?

2. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Yes they do. However, they won't have the same weight as a Satellite tournament (big "win to get gifted a place at the international tournament in Galicia, Spain").

Check on the ITS document, the first pages have a mention on what missions can be selected together and how many rounds, minimal attendance is 4 players in 3 rounds. You can create the event, then work offline with it (our warcor cannot work live since there is no internet coverage in the shop's bunker, so he uploads the data later), which allows you to space the rounds among several days. I have never seen a tournament played during several weekends, however, and considering how each player will play three to five rounds, it seems overkill.
    The first round has random pairings, the following ones use the Swiss System. Check the OTM.

I think so, yes. The escalation leagues are explained at the end of the ITS document.

No, a Warcor is not needed to organize stuff (but people who do tend to become a Warcor, even if CB does not grant them the title and benefits). You can also order a tournament pack from the CB store without being a Warcor.
    I suggest you to organize things in a friendly manner, I think you can use the OTM without being using the codes, the only thing it will lack is the points from the global league, but you can practice and enjoy it nevertheless.

3. Herr Hörn

Herr Hörn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation! This really helped clear up some stuff for me. Thank you!

Cervantes3773 and xagroth like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation