1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special Triad: 2 Reex and 1 Kriigel and other units

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Tcional, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Tcional

Tcional Nomad Taskmaster
    Warcor

So today I've played vs Spiral and we are wondering.
    Reex are said to have a special Fireteam: Triad of 2 Reex and 1 Kriigel, but can we put something else instead of either Reex or Kriigel in the Firetam or it HAS to be 2 Reex with a Kriigel?
    My opponent wanted to make a Triad of 1 Reex, 1 Kriigel and 1 Taagma (a substitue for Reex).
    Why I'm questioning this Special Fireteam is because member of other Special Fireteams are allowed to be replaced by Wildcard profiles, and Triad kinda works like everything with it is a Wildcard trooper.

Then again for a while (I think now only possible to be seen on some older app version) Reex had Fireteam: Triad skill, but not it seems to be corrected - deleted - and left only with Special Fireteam: Triad annotation.

2. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

You would only be able to place Wildcard units with Triad (all units need to have the skill) into that Special fireteam. I don't see any Wildcards in Spiral.

3. solkan

solkan Well-Known Member

Kriigel have the Triad fireteam skill, so they can use that to form a triad with anything that has Triad. But to do that everyone in the triad needs Triad.

The Reex don’t have Triad, just Special. If you use the Special to make a fireteam, you have to use exactly what is specified.

In order to do “substitutions” the trooper needs to be specified as a wildcard. Spiral Corp doesn’t have any. Triad isn’t the same thing.

And, for the record, the fireteam information shown in Army is quite often wrong.
    You basically need to bookmark http://infinitythewiki.com/en/List_of_Fireteams

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation