1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special Terrain + Cover

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by System_Override, Apr 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. System_Override

The following question has come up recently when discussing terrain and I would love to know how you guys handle this in your groups:

If a model is in a Special Terrain zone, say a forest (Low Vis Zone + Saturation Zone), can it also benefit from cover, by say standing against a tree that hides the appropriate amount of its volume from the attacker?

I believe it can, and that this is a viable tactic for msv 1 troops with terrain skills such as Bagh Mari or Briscards or some such, since otherwise cover would usually be more adventageous (+3 ARM and not as easily cancelled due to more MSV availability than marksmanship l2 availability).

I could not find anything on an interaction of the two in the rules, so I hope for community wisdom (kind of like in that Transformers Episode with the Matrix from the 80s)

2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

All MODs stack unless specifically mentioned. So Low Vis + Low Vis doesn't stack because the Visibility Zone rules say so, but Low Vis + Cover + Mimetism will all stack with each other.

And yes, it makes MSV troopers really good in that kind of situation!

macfergusson and System_Override like this.
  3. System_Override

Thank you. That is what I thought. The Ariadna player I am going to face on Friday will be happy. I think one of the last things he painted were msv 1 troops xD

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation