1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Space Ranger's Work

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Space Ranger, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I'm compiling all of my stuff into one thread. I'm now playing Ikari, Dahshat, QK, Druze, Yu Jing, Shasvastii, and Onyx.

I'm sorry about the Photobucket watermark. Anyone know of another image hosting site?

8/12/19 Miranda
    My Dahshat are coming along pretty well. I just finished up Miranda Ashcroft on the weekend. I wasn’t going to work on her but I was at the game store painting group and didn’t have all I needed for other stuff but people lent me paint and I worked on her. I’m really happy with how she came out. Especially with the color choices. I wanted something bright and almost Cyberpunk. She would totally be a Rocker in that game. Anyway, I’m looking forward to putting her down with some Bounty Hunter buddies.

[​IMG]

7/15/19
    This is my theme for Dahshat. The Yu Jing will all be my older figs with a White color. They are the White Tigers of the West.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My new colors for Yu Jing (IA)
    [​IMG]

Ikari is my new force that I’m starting and having fun already just with the great diversity of things I can do. I’m using a lot of my old Yu Jing figs to do it. Zhanshi=Keisotsu, Acmon=Bounty Hunter/Brawler, etc.

Bounty Hunter with Bike
    My first full figure painting. Meaning from beginning to end. I’m using Acmon (Aleph) for mainly a Bounty Hunter. I’ve put a magnet on his back so I can put various weapons on his back. Sniper Rifle, and Spitfire are ready so far. I’ve got the Bounty Hunter pretty much done on the body but have his guns and bike to do. I’ve also made it that the magnet in his base lines up with the magnet in the base of the bike. Next his bike!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wu Ming
    These guys I already have for my ISS, however I did touch them up a bit by adding some color. The orange on the shoulders.
    [​IMG]

WIP Yuan Yuan #1 with a sword!
    I’ve been wanting to pain her for years! I just never had a chance though. So now I can paint this Wushu goddess and she’s going to come down hard!

Update 8/17 Finished YY#1.
    I'm pretty happy with her. Especially the skin tone. The face came out pretty good for me. Now on to #2!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Remotes
    WIP I really want color in this force. My ISS and YJ are a bit drab. So how about some racing colors!
    [​IMG]

Updates!! 8/21

I went on a painting spree this week. I had to work from home this week and I admit I cheated a bit and worked on some figures. Though the majority was done after work every night. 6 figures done! Fat YY, 3 “Keisotsu”, Brawler, Brawler/Major Luna. My idea of having every figure slightly different is working out I think. I’m also experimenting with different techniques. Especially trying to paint brighter colors.

I finally finished my Fat Yuan Yuan. Now that I’ve painted him I want to change his name. I used to call him Fat Boi, but now I’m going to call him the Red Baron!
    [​IMG]

I can’t believe I did all these guys in about 2 nights. I didn’t do them to level of detail I did on the Red Baron but still I think they came out pretty well. The one in the yellow was a bitch though. A lot of things didn’t go right but whatevs. Good enough or a pirate.

I’m pretty happy with the Brawler/Ayyar. I just love this figure and knew right away I wanted him as a Brawler. I also used some colors that have pretty much never been used. Forcing myself to try new things.
    [​IMG]

Major Luna/Brawler Sniper I’m also pretty happy with considering I painted her in about 2 nights. For some reason I felt I had to do her with dark skin tons. Come on, look at that booty!
    [​IMG]

Update 10/16
    Well, this is kinda for me, I really painted them for my buddies Haqqislam but I’m using his figs for my Ikari until I get my own. When I do them for myself they are going to look a little brighter and a little more mixed colors. I don’t want my guys to all look alike. They may have the same colors but not totally in the same combination.

These were done in only a few days. He needs them for a tournament this weekend. I still have 3 more figures to get done by then! HVT, Xenotech, and a Bash Bozuk.
    [​IMG]

Update 11/5
    I've added a Keisotsu to my group. It's actually one I had for my old YJ force. I just touched it up a bit and put a new base on.
    [​IMG]

I was sick this weekend but managed to finally finish my bike for the Desperado/Bounty Hunter. I'm pretty happy with it! :grinning:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

#1 Space Ranger, Aug 12, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  2. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Very nice!
    I'm still using Imgur, they're slowly going in the direction of every other image hosting site, but so far they're still the best i've found apart from self-hosting.

Space Ranger likes this.
  3. Space Ranger

Thanks I'll check them out. I want to dump photobucket but going to keep these up for a while.

4. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Postimage is the site I use to upload photos to the forum. It might be worth checking out as a alternative image hosting source.

5. Space Ranger

Looks like I'm going to need to check those out soon. Images don't stay here long and photobucket is getting to be jerks.

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  6. Kalendo

Kalendo Well-Known Member

If you have a gmail acct I believe it works: testing...

Edit: clearly not... still working on it

Eh you can do it bu is a pain...

#6 Kalendo, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  7. Space Ranger

I fianlly moved stuff to a better image site! Much better :)

jherazob likes this.
  8. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Who are you using?

I need to tell BotoFukkit to die in a fire.

WolfofWinter and jherazob like this.
  9. Space Ranger

Imgur, it's super easy to use too. At least so far so good. @Kalendo and @jherazob both mentioned it and giving it a go.

Section9, Kalendo and jherazob like this.
  10. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

I have to say that Imgur has been slowly going bad over the years as they push their "community", the mobile website is damn unusable and does nothing but ask you to install their app which we can absolutely bet monetizes every byte and i'm told is damn unstable, and the ads on desktop come with all the hazards any ad network has these days, yet despite everything they're still one of the best choices for image hosting out there (outside of self-hosting, i've been damn tempted to set up some cheap hosting with something like Pictshare on it, but not only there's an extra cost to handle when i've been needing to reduce lots of them lately, that's yet another damn machine to manage and i have enough of them at work).

Golem2God and Space Ranger like this.
  11. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Other option is some kind of free blog, or even threads in http://www.data-sphere.net/forum/ , that let you link to the images in other sites. I wonder how much money CB spends at AWS, instead of transfering to other place like Hetzner or Gandi, to host all the files (AWS also costs money for outgoing transfers). Specially now that they seem to be getting issues that cause "504 gateway timeout" and "page unavailable" for a hour or two each day.

Kalendo and jherazob like this.
  12. Space Ranger

Druze in progress.

So far I’m liking the colors. I again wanated something bright and colorful but with Druze it doesn’t seem as appropriate so i mutted down the red a bit with Flesh wash with a bit of black. I want to still make all of my Ikari different from each other so I may make the helmet or vest different colors from each other but the rest will be the same to tie them together.

[​IMG]

13. Space Ranger

Update of my Yu Jing. More will be coming soon!

Daofei
    [​IMG]

14. Golem2God

This is a nice color scheme. Never seen a Yu Jing force or any other faction painted like this.

15. Space Ranger

Really? I thought I was being mundane. I know i've seen green before but not sure grays and blacks. I'm going with opposite on my ISS with more grey and black than green.

[​IMG]

redeemer, WolfofWinter, Oni and 8 others like this.
  16. Space Ranger

Well I said there would be an update soon! Here's my Haidao.

[​IMG]

WolfofWinter, Oni, Goonhammer and 6 others like this.
  17. Golem2God

Trust me. I've never seen an Infinity force in that shade of green before. Especially a Yu Jing one. Keep up the good work and finish strong for the Empire.

WolfofWinter and Space Ranger like this.
  18. Space Ranger

Now for the Daoying!

[​IMG]

19. Space Ranger

More for the Glorious Yu Jing Army! Hac Tao Hacker!!!!

[​IMG]

20. Space Ranger

So, I'm not entirely happy with the colors on my Druze. I'm thinking of changing the green to dark blue. What are peoples thoughts?

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation