1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP Power Pack List Help

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by Methuselah, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Methuselah

Methuselah Well-Known Member

I'm playing a game of Power Pack against a Vanilla Combined Army opponent. We both are making lists for this mission and for each others army. I am most afraid of AD KoDali with Speculos or the Avatar.

Here is a list I ran for Panic Room. It performed pretty well, but its does not have many good AROs or long rang guns in general. Any ideas/advice/recommendations are appreciated.

Panic Room
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    MACHAON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0.5 | 36)
    MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    MYRMIDON Chain Rifle, Nanopulser, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    AJAX Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / AP Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 39)
    LAMEDH Rebot Flash Pulse / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 7)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]1
    HECTOR (Lieutenant [+1 Order]) Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser, Grenades ( | TinBot: Firewall [-3]) / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 69)
    ACMON Combi Rifle, Panzerfaust, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol(+1B), CC Weapon. (0 | 31)
    THORAKITES (Paramedic, 360º Visor) Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    THORAKITES Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    PROBOT (Deactivator, Repeater) ( ) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 8)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    0.5 SWC | 299 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

2. Stampysaur

Stampysaur Wallace is my LT

I actually just did this with a friend myself, but they played shasvastii.

don’t worry about aro’s long distance. Use smoke and dodge to make aro’s closer. Confused deployment means it is less likely you are dealing with Ko Dali or speculo. Shorter deployment zones 8” means your opponent will need to advance more to engage you. Which in turn penalizes them because they want to be in the room not messing with your dudes in the DZ.

deploy netrods in base contact with the antennas if they fail the roll do it anyway. Edit: deploy them prone if they fail their roll

my opponent ran their sheskiin into my dz and took out 2 guys. Then had no orders left for anything else. I was able to walk a team into the panic room unobstructed. This is why you want to avoid that.

#2 Stampysaur, Dec 7, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    Methuselah likes this.
  3. Methuselah

Hey! Thanks for the input. I had similar success when playing Panic Room. SP seems exceptionally good at that mission. All of the things you want to bring are 'Essential Personnel' and good at CC. Prefect for getting into and holding the room. Additionally, the confused deployment doesn't really hurt SP since most thing are starting in the DZ anyways.

This time around I am looking for a list for Power Pack.

4. Stampysaur

Stampysaur Wallace is my LT

oh I misread that lol

power pack is significantly different. but I have been playing around with the idea of this list.

https://infinitytheuniverse.com/arm...CUQEBAAAyAQEAAIJcAQIAAIJYAQEAAIJYAQEAAIJYAQEA

similarly you want to defend when they are close. smoke and 360 visor. you do not want to ARO through the sat zone. let them shoot through it with 2-3 dice and you get 2 smoke rolls in defense. Atalanta would not be a good fit there.

On the topic of your list i would drop it down to one 4 man of Myrmidons instead of two 3 man teams. probably throw a fast attacker in there somewhere or some Ekdromoi. i would probably drop ajax and a myrmidon to replace with Ekdromoi (hacker probably, lets you attack/threaten an avatar alternatively) and upgrade a lamedh to evo hacker for better jumps.

Edit; formatting because I suck at it.

#4 Stampysaur, Dec 7, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    Methuselah likes this.
  5. Sigeric

Sigeric Irregular WB

What I would do...

First, I would denounce the scenario for being a convoluted mess with two deployments zones and a saturation zone, then I'd send a team of Deva lawyers to paper cut the responsible to death.

But regarding the game...

Prepare to be on the reactive first turn (that is: worst case scenario). I'd set up Atalanta and Teucer in each deployment zone overseeing each other's position (if possible) with a 4 link myrm team (chain myrms aplenty, what you want is the sixth sense), one with Phoenix, the other with Eudoros (or Machaon, if he isn't with his old pal Phoenix) to cover the snipers with a sixth sense net and to be scared of markers and smoke-dodge, thus covering the guy and your sniper with a smoke from where they can still shoot the Avatar or discover markers with relative safety.

Fill with netrods, lamedhs and cheap guys until you reach 15 orders. You'll lose some people and you'll need those orders.

Methuselah likes this.
  6. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

I think you’re right to be concerned about both the avatar and Ko Dali. I would consider Scylla (not the EVO version) and a Myrmidon hacker in Hector’s fireteam. With 2-3 cheap bots you’ll have a very solid repeater net and two good hackers to protect your dz. they can both spotlight Ko Dali is she’s tries to get up in your stuff and make it a little harder for her to win face to face rolls.

I’d also say, try to keep your enomotarchos teams at 4. That way, they’ll ignore surprise attack from speculos and the -6 if Ko Dali manages to get a shot through smoke.

Methuselah likes this.
  7. Methuselah

Wanted to post the outcome of the game here for reference. My opponent won the LT roll and chose deployment. I chose turn order and tried to Alpha. I found Machaon to be really good. The Hector Link also did work. The more I play Hector in SP, the more I think he is the best thing in the faction. 3 orders is what makes the difference. Atalanta was also extremely good, even with B1 in ARO. I think she will make more lists of mine.

Anyways, here is the list I ended up bringing:

Power Pack
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────
    GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    MACHAON Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, Eclipse Grenades / Pistol, DA CC Weapon. (0.5 | 36)
    AJAX Combi Rifle, Nanopulser / AP Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 39)
    PROBOT (Deactivator, Repeater) ( ) / PARA CC Weapon(-3). (0 | 8)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    NETROD . (0 | 4)
    GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    HECTOR (Lieutenant [+1 Order]) Plasma Rifle, Nanopulser, Grenades ( | TinBot: Firewall [-3]) / Heavy Pistol, EXP CC Weapon. (0 | 69)
    THORAKITES (Paramedic, 360º Visor) Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle ( | MediKit) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 14)
    THORAKITES (Forward Observer, 360º Visor) Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle, Flash Pulse ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    THORAKITES Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 16)
    ATALANTA MULTI Sniper Rifle ( | TinBot: Discover [+3]) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (1.5 | 39)
    THORAKITES (360º Visor) Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle ( ) / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
    2 SWC | 300 Points
    Open in Infinity Army

Daniel Darko likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation