1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

¿Son los nómadas alienígenas?

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by dexterv, Mar 17, 2019.

1. dexterv

dexterv Well-Known Member

Un tema en la sección inglesa me ha hecho pensar en esta cuestión.

Definición de "alien" o "alienígena": No tiene entrada en la RAE pero parece que su definición más aceptada es que es un anglicismo que significa extraterrestre.

extraterrestre

1. adj. Dicho de una cosa: Que pertenece al espacio exterior de la Tierra o procede de él.

2. adj. Dicho de un objeto o de un ser: Supuestamente venido desde el espacio exterior a la Tierra.

Si lo tomamos literal, cualquier humano nacido en un planeta dominado por los humanos, sería un alien en cualquier otro planeta aunque también sea una colonia humana.

El día hipotético que colonicemos otros mundos probablemente haya que ampliar la definición y podamos aceptar que cualquier organismo nacido en un planeta no sea considerado alienígena en cualquier otro planeta dominado por su misma especie (e.g. un neoterrano en Svalarheima). Pero si aceptamos esta definición corregida , los nómadas seguirían siendo aliens según el neo-diccionario.

¿Os gustaría opinar al respecto?

¿Creéis que alguna potencia lo podría usar en nuestra contra?

¿Cuál es la definición de "alienígena" que maneja la Esfera Humana?

¿Intentarán expulsarnos de O-12?

2. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Wrong sub-forum sorry.

3. dexterv

dexterv Well-Known Member

True, I dinn't noticed I was in the english subforum. If it's not deleted I will translate in an undetermined moment in the future XD

inane.imp likes this.
  4. natetehaggresar

natetehaggresar Senior Backlogged Painter Manager

I think you're taking the English definition of "alien" to literally. The dictionary may say that aliens are not born on Earth. Therefore you could reason nomads are aliens, which to an extent they may be.... To an extent that definition may be an anachronism.

But I think the general concept in modern day, which infinity uses, is that aliens are a different race.

Categorically
    Nomads
    Pano
    Haq
    Yu Jing
    Ariadna
    NA/2 <- for now.. spiral may change that
    Aleph <- odd but arguably human controlled/derived

Are all human

Tohaa are tohaa

Combined Army is CA, though really it's a conucopia of different races....

5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

There's also a blurry line between human, human made, alien, alien made. Most people would consider Aleph not-alien (although not human) but the EI alien. If it was confirmed that Aleph was in fact found and not human-made people would probably start thinking of it as alien.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation