1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

[Solved] When do I check ZoC for sixth sense?

Discussion in 'Solved Rule Questions' started by k104agi, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

If you both claim to have forgotten then it seems that there's ambiguity, right? Ergo ARO away.

It's basically a least bad objective way of limiting abuse.

2. Ginrei

Ginrei Well-Known Member

This doesn't seem to eliminate any abuse. Your rules are based on things that are also subjective or can't be proven. How do we determine quadrants or DZs without clearly measured lines being available? The other player can go "We just checked that last order... how can you forget???" all they want, but their opponents memory can't be proven.

These kinds of rules will hurt players who are easy going and benefit players who push the envelope or outright cheat. I may use extreme examples to make my point but the range where one perfectly honest player starts to think things are obvious may be the range their perfectly honest opponent still thinks it's questionable.

Expecting everyone else to play fairly or be a gentleman is naive. And blacklisting players we don't like isn't going to solve anything during tournaments.

nazroth likes this.
  3. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Those were examples to indicate the type of interactions I was referring to.

But honestly if you can't recall the ZOC you measured in the previous order then there's bigger issues. And the answer is 'you can always declare or not declare AROs based on ZOC'. The game still largely functions and perimeter weapons are massively buffed.

4. nazroth

nazroth 'well known Nomad agitator'

It's all cool and simple when you play against one of your friends in a local hobby store (or sit across a monitor). The problem with following heart begins on a top table at a grand tournament where stakes are high, players are exhausted and both care to win at all costs (let's say decissive battle of an ITS season finale, big event, two players matched for ITS 1st place). Seen stuff like this happen on many occasions in other games. Depending on who you deal with - this happens in Infinity as well. Rules should be designed as to avoid situation where you are forced to create your own home rule then force it on your opponent for the game to work properly.

Either way, nobody here is attacking the way you think @inane.imp - I bet we can safely assume that all of us here would preffer the friendly atmosphere and gentleman games. The thing is we talk rules here. rules tend to be very 0/1. So - when some of us point out that a rule is not completely smooth and allows exploits - nothing you say about personal feeling, gentleman play and especially no home rule would change the fact that the rule in question is designed in a way that allows exploits.

DukeofEarl, Ginrei and macfergusson like this.
  5. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

correct

Hachiman Taro likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.