1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hemos actualizado nuestra PolĂ­tica de Privacidad acorde con la nueva RGPD. +Info // We've updated our Privacy Policy to comply with the GDPR. +Info
    Dismiss Notice

[SOLVED] [Treason] Hunting Party + Special Veteran

Discussion in 'Solved Rule Questions' started by eciu, May 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So in a Treason version of Hunting Part single trooper might get a Veteran training (not skill!) allowing him to have an AHDL.

Question: what happens if someone with G:Sync is chosen as such "Veteran" training ? Does the Auxbot from Order Sergeant or Seraph also get ADHL ? Is Bit&Kiss duo best option for this mission as they will have 3 ADHL total ?

(name of Extras is "Hardened in Battle")

2. ijw

ijw Wargaming Trader, Freelance Editor (UK)
    Warcor

Why would they? They're a different trooper.

WarHound and meikyoushisui like this.
  3. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

So the Trooper means a miniature or what ?

Does only one of the Proxies get ADHL if they are chosen as "Hardened in Battle" ?

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I think there are no Remotes with Veteran status... heck, it's the same thing as Deva+Devabot on Hunting Party: the Deva is a Veteran Trooper and gets an ADL, but the Devabot is a Remote that gets none.

They are Elite, so they get it anyway (since Hunting Party gives an ADL to all Veteran, Elite and Headquearters troops).

If you need an aswer on this for whatever reason, however, the precedent on Hunting Party and IT9 about Posthumans is that each proxy is a single model/miniature for this kind of thing (so gluing one proxy triggers the "Lt glued" condition for Hunting Party regardless of how many are still at large, and only one proxy gets the Datatracker marker). This precedent comes from the Rules' thread on questions and answers to ITS 9, and it's signed by Hellois.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  5. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Well that's why I'm asking, you can give a chosen trooper "veteran" training/tag.

6. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Even more fun,

What happens to Antipode pack ? Are all antipodes considered a single trooper ?

7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

I doubt you can give "veteran training" to a Ghost: synchronized remote (or a Servant, for that matter)... Then again, a definition on what "trooper" is for the rules would be a great help (personally, I'd say "a model that can spend orders by itself")

The Antipodes are 3 irregular troops and a regular troop (the controller), but they seem to be independent of each other... Fluff does not bleeds over to rules at our level, that would demand CB's intervention.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  8. ijw

Warcor

G:Sync models are described as troopers all the way through their rules. So the Controller and their Synched trooper is going to be multiple troopers and not a single trooper.

meikyoushisui and inane.imp like this.
  9. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yea, it seems I'm missing the clear definition of what "Trooper" is ;/

We just spoken with few people yeasterday and were wondering if "Hardened in Battle" isn't super good for all "G:Sync" units (because we thought that actually G:Sync inherits a "Veteran training" from the controller).

10. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

REQUIREMENTS
    Can you please elaborate ? As far as I read the rules it seems that's exactly contrary to what you had stated ....

<I'm really puzzled atm. >

11. ijw

Warcor

It says it right there in what you quoted - for the purposes of the Combat Group, they count as one trooper.

Robock and inane.imp like this.
  12. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Ok, now I get it. I got really confused. Thanks for help!

13. HellLois

HellLois What the Hell...Lois?
    CB Staff

and for "Hardened in Battle" counts as two troopers, you have to choose one.

JoKeR and Nemo No Name like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.